Do you have any non-sexual code words in your relationship?

Curious what all the code words people have in their relationships — not sexually related.

Me (F26) and my boyfriend (M28) have a code word now for when either of us feels that we need space / day to themselves for any reasons- could be that we’re triggered/upset about something and we just need the day to reset and gather thoughts before talking about it with each other. Or could just be that we want to chill by ourselves for the day with no disturbance.

We’ve been together for 5months, started it when I encountered a day when I was stuck in my emotions and I told him I wanted time for myself and he spiraled thinking the worst. After we discussed and I told him how I was feeling we decided to come up with a code word or when we needed space IF that space we wanted had nothing to do with wanting to breakup or something detrimental to the relationship. Holistically we both thought this was a great idea.

TLDR; Do you have any non-sexual code words in your relationship? If so, what’s it for? Has it benefited your relationship?



Submitted April 26, 2020 at 11:33PM

Curious what all the code words people have in their relationships — not sexually related.Me (F26) and my boyfriend (M28) have a code word now for when either of us feels that we need space / day to themselves for any reasons- could be that we’re triggered/upset about something and we just need the day to reset and gather thoughts before talking about it with each other. Or could just be that we want to chill by ourselves for the day with no disturbance.We’ve been together for 5months, started it when I encountered a day when I was stuck in my emotions and I told him I wanted time for myself and he spiraled thinking the worst. After we discussed and I told him how I was feeling we decided to come up with a code word or when we needed space IF that space we wanted had nothing to do with wanting to breakup or something detrimental to the relationship. Holistically we both thought this was a great idea.TLDR; Do you have any non-sexual code words in your relationship? If so, what’s it for? Has it benefited your relationship?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.