My [mid20s F] boyfriend [mid20s M] of almost a year under-tips, should I say something?

My boyfriend is from somewhere where 15% is considered normal for tipping, but 20% or more is normal here. I didn't realize this until I saw his tip last time he paid for dinner (at my favorite restaurant that has amazing service).--thank goodness I had a $5 in my purse to cover the difference.

I've been paying ever since to avoid the issue, but he is probably stiffing servers when on his own and I don't want him to estrange all the local wait-staff. How do I let him know he is under-tipping?


tl;dr: boyfriend doesn't tip enough, how do I let him know?



Submitted March 30, 2020 at 12:07AM

My boyfriend is from somewhere where 15% is considered normal for tipping, but 20% or more is normal here. I didn't realize this until I saw his tip last time he paid for dinner (at my favorite restaurant that has amazing service).--thank goodness I had a $5 in my purse to cover the difference.I've been paying ever since to avoid the issue, but he is probably stiffing servers when on his own and I don't want him to estrange all the local wait-staff. How do I let him know he is under-tipping?tl;dr: boyfriend doesn't tip enough, how do I let him know?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.