My Brother doesn’t want me in his life anymore

tl;dr: brother fallen out with entire family, wants nothing to with me anymore

I’m going to have to go back a few years in order for people to understand completely what’s happened.

My brother and mum really didn’t get along, they would fight all the time, screaming and yelling at each other almost everyday. They were unable to see how they were aggravating each other so it just go worse and worse as the years went by, eventually progressing to my brother becoming quite aggressive and violent where he would push my mum over, punch holes in walls, destroy furniture and break a door of its frame.

Part of his behaviour was due to drugs and alcohol which made him hot tempered, however when he wasn’t drunk or high he was still unpleasant to my mum nonetheless.

Understandably my mum felt she couldn’t love with him anymore and she was frightened of him so she asked him to leave. This is where my dad comes in. My parents divorced when I was very young and my dad hadn’t been the most proactive and never helped my mum when it came to my brother. My dad still didn’t have my brother even though my brother needed him and my mum needed his help.

So my brother eventually moves out to live with his girlfriend and has been living with her for two years now and hasn’t seen my mum at all in all that time.

Before now, my brother and I had a really good relationship, we got on and were seemingly close. After he moved out, we would frequently meet up and talk about family life, and he asked me never to repeat what things he said about family or mum back to anyone, and I never did.

My mum had no contact with him whatsoever for 2 years so I would update her on things such as, he went on holiday or he’s got a new job, I didn’t see any wrong in telling her these things as she has the right to know her son is safe and happy.

However my brother found out and has since called me a liar, a horrible person, untrustworthy and he doesn’t want to see or talk to me anymore as he doesn’t trust me with any information. I didn’t see anything wrong with telling my mum that information and never told her any personal information that he wouldn’t want her knowing.

The whole thing has completely broken my heart, I feel like an only child, I feel like I’m mourning someone who has died when I’m reality they are still here, I’ve lost my best friend, my partner in crime and I truly feel heart broken and as if I’ll never see or talk to him again.

For reference he’s 21 tomorrow(25/11) and I’m 18 :)



Submitted November 24, 2019 at 11:35PM

tl;dr: brother fallen out with entire family, wants nothing to with me anymoreI’m going to have to go back a few years in order for people to understand completely what’s happened.My brother and mum really didn’t get along, they would fight all the time, screaming and yelling at each other almost everyday. They were unable to see how they were aggravating each other so it just go worse and worse as the years went by, eventually progressing to my brother becoming quite aggressive and violent where he would push my mum over, punch holes in walls, destroy furniture and break a door of its frame.Part of his behaviour was due to drugs and alcohol which made him hot tempered, however when he wasn’t drunk or high he was still unpleasant to my mum nonetheless.Understandably my mum felt she couldn’t love with him anymore and she was frightened of him so she asked him to leave. This is where my dad comes in. My parents divorced when I was very young and my dad hadn’t been the most proactive and never helped my mum when it came to my brother. My dad still didn’t have my brother even though my brother needed him and my mum needed his help.So my brother eventually moves out to live with his girlfriend and has been living with her for two years now and hasn’t seen my mum at all in all that time.Before now, my brother and I had a really good relationship, we got on and were seemingly close. After he moved out, we would frequently meet up and talk about family life, and he asked me never to repeat what things he said about family or mum back to anyone, and I never did.My mum had no contact with him whatsoever for 2 years so I would update her on things such as, he went on holiday or he’s got a new job, I didn’t see any wrong in telling her these things as she has the right to know her son is safe and happy.However my brother found out and has since called me a liar, a horrible person, untrustworthy and he doesn’t want to see or talk to me anymore as he doesn’t trust me with any information. I didn’t see anything wrong with telling my mum that information and never told her any personal information that he wouldn’t want her knowing.The whole thing has completely broken my heart, I feel like an only child, I feel like I’m mourning someone who has died when I’m reality they are still here, I’ve lost my best friend, my partner in crime and I truly feel heart broken and as if I’ll never see or talk to him again.For reference he’s 21 tomorrow(25/11) and I’m 18 :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.