My (26f) friends (40F/M) are judging my boyfriend (28m) for not spending much on Christmas gifts

This is partly ranting, partly asking for support.

My boyfriend and I are celebrating our first Christmas together and I couldn’t be more excited. We’re in a long distance relationship so travel is already expensive over the holidays, and we recently had a conversation about us each being a little tight on money so we’re not going all out on Christmas gifts. We settled on under $100 for each other.

I’m so excited about the idea of him giving me anything that I don’t care how flashy or expensive it is. Anything he put thought into thinking about me will make me feel special.

I have any idea of one thing he bought me. It’s sentimental and I will appreciate it. But my friends laughed when I told them. It probably only cost $15. They’re like “hopefully that’s not what it is”. They’re almost suggesting he’s a shitty boyfriend that’s undervaluing me.

And they keeps suggesting I get him things way out of my price range. It’s really hurting my feelings because these cheap gifts we’re getting each other will mean a lot to me.

Should I feel bad we’re not spending more on each other?

Tl;dr - my friends are kinda judging my boyfriend and I for not giving more expensive, fancy gifts



Submitted November 24, 2019 at 11:09PM

This is partly ranting, partly asking for support.My boyfriend and I are celebrating our first Christmas together and I couldn’t be more excited. We’re in a long distance relationship so travel is already expensive over the holidays, and we recently had a conversation about us each being a little tight on money so we’re not going all out on Christmas gifts. We settled on under $100 for each other.I’m so excited about the idea of him giving me anything that I don’t care how flashy or expensive it is. Anything he put thought into thinking about me will make me feel special.I have any idea of one thing he bought me. It’s sentimental and I will appreciate it. But my friends laughed when I told them. It probably only cost $15. They’re like “hopefully that’s not what it is”. They’re almost suggesting he’s a shitty boyfriend that’s undervaluing me.And they keeps suggesting I get him things way out of my price range. It’s really hurting my feelings because these cheap gifts we’re getting each other will mean a lot to me.Should I feel bad we’re not spending more on each other?Tl;dr - my friends are kinda judging my boyfriend and I for not giving more expensive, fancy gifts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.