I (24F) am having a difficult time figuring out/managing my feelings towards a friend (27M).

I have been friends with this guy for the last 3-4 years, and particularly close friends for the last 1-2 years. We have a lot in common and have spent a lot of time together despite being long distance friends (different states) due to school.

About 90% of the time I am completely satisfied with out relationship as very good friends, but the other 10% I find myself having much stronger feelings and I just don’t know what to do with them.

I am fairly certain that he only views me as a friend and I am worried that speaking up about these occasional bouts of romantic interest may make out current relationship as friends strained and awkward. I really don’t want to lose the friendship, but I really need some advice on how to either get over these stronger feelings or training myself to manage them better.

TL;DR: I (24F) am starting to have stronger feelings for a friend (27M) every now and then and I’m not sure how to manage these feelings so that I don’t jeopardize the friendship.



Submitted November 03, 2019 at 11:38PM

I have been friends with this guy for the last 3-4 years, and particularly close friends for the last 1-2 years. We have a lot in common and have spent a lot of time together despite being long distance friends (different states) due to school.About 90% of the time I am completely satisfied with out relationship as very good friends, but the other 10% I find myself having much stronger feelings and I just don’t know what to do with them.I am fairly certain that he only views me as a friend and I am worried that speaking up about these occasional bouts of romantic interest may make out current relationship as friends strained and awkward. I really don’t want to lose the friendship, but I really need some advice on how to either get over these stronger feelings or training myself to manage them better.TL;DR: I (24F) am starting to have stronger feelings for a friend (27M) every now and then and I’m not sure how to manage these feelings so that I don’t jeopardize the friendship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.