Haven’t met the SO’s kiddos and I’m kinda concerned

I’ll try really hard to keep this short.

So my boyfriend (42m) and I(40f) have been together for 8 months, everything was going great, he would come to my place almost every weekend, when he wasn’t with me he was with his kiddos, which I am all for.

I have yet to meet his kids though. We talk about them, and he has said that they took the divorce hard and him and the ex opted to try and figure out custody themselves instead of having the judge figure it out. He finally admitted to me that I probably won’t meet the kids until next year, because he has decided to take the necessary steps for filing and establishing firm custody, apparently she gives him a hard time when it comes to picking up the kids ie: she’s late for drop off or early for pick up. I’m not sure I how I feel about that. I understand that kids are important and he’s protective of them, but I can’t help but wonder if I will ever meet them.

To top it off, lately our weekends together have been less and less. He did tell me that he would be working a crazy amount of hours towards the end of the year-his company is moving buildings and as the IT guy, he’s in charge of moves and installing new software.

I’m just wondering if I need to get get over it and be supportive and I’ll meet the kids when I meet them and just need to be patient when it comes to work. I don’t want to break up with him, but I also don’t want to feel like I’m the only one trying in this relationship.

TL;DR- still haven’t meet the kids of my SO and we have been dating for 8 months.



Submitted November 04, 2019 at 12:01AM

I’ll try really hard to keep this short.So my boyfriend (42m) and I(40f) have been together for 8 months, everything was going great, he would come to my place almost every weekend, when he wasn’t with me he was with his kiddos, which I am all for.I have yet to meet his kids though. We talk about them, and he has said that they took the divorce hard and him and the ex opted to try and figure out custody themselves instead of having the judge figure it out. He finally admitted to me that I probably won’t meet the kids until next year, because he has decided to take the necessary steps for filing and establishing firm custody, apparently she gives him a hard time when it comes to picking up the kids ie: she’s late for drop off or early for pick up. I’m not sure I how I feel about that. I understand that kids are important and he’s protective of them, but I can’t help but wonder if I will ever meet them.To top it off, lately our weekends together have been less and less. He did tell me that he would be working a crazy amount of hours towards the end of the year-his company is moving buildings and as the IT guy, he’s in charge of moves and installing new software.I’m just wondering if I need to get get over it and be supportive and I’ll meet the kids when I meet them and just need to be patient when it comes to work. I don’t want to break up with him, but I also don’t want to feel like I’m the only one trying in this relationship.TL;DR- still haven’t meet the kids of my SO and we have been dating for 8 months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.