My husband (27M) keeps finishing all the food/drink that I (22F) make, and not telling anyone until after I am looking for it.

Hello Reddit, I'm on mobile, so please forgive formatting. :)

So, this is a fairly minor problem in the scheme of things, but it's infuriating nonetheless.

I make fresh bread, and sweet/unsweet tea, and lemonade at home relatively often. Usually 5-6 loaves a week, and 1 pitcher of the aforementioned drinks a day. Yes, we eat a lot of bread. But we have kids too, and they love bread.

My husband finishes the bread and the drinks nearly every day, usually before dinnertime. That wouldn't be a problem if he would just tell me when he finishes it, so I can start a new loaf/new pitcher and if I want a sweet toast for dessert, I can have that.

I've tried asking him to tell me, and he acknowledges it, but then never does. I end up wanting a drink, and we have nothing in the fridge, because he also drank our water, and didn't refill that.

When I make a big deal out of it, he'll end up leaving the smallest bit of things behind so he didn't finish them. So, instead of having a real piece of bread, I get a small part of the bread end. Or, 1/4 of a glass of tea or water.

I know it's not a huge deal, but how can I express to him that this matters, and it drives me up the wall when it happens?

TLDR: My husband eats all the bread and drinks all the drinks, and leaves none for anyone else, and doesn't tell me.



Submitted September 08, 2019 at 12:19AM

Hello Reddit, I'm on mobile, so please forgive formatting. :)So, this is a fairly minor problem in the scheme of things, but it's infuriating nonetheless.I make fresh bread, and sweet/unsweet tea, and lemonade at home relatively often. Usually 5-6 loaves a week, and 1 pitcher of the aforementioned drinks a day. Yes, we eat a lot of bread. But we have kids too, and they love bread.My husband finishes the bread and the drinks nearly every day, usually before dinnertime. That wouldn't be a problem if he would just tell me when he finishes it, so I can start a new loaf/new pitcher and if I want a sweet toast for dessert, I can have that.I've tried asking him to tell me, and he acknowledges it, but then never does. I end up wanting a drink, and we have nothing in the fridge, because he also drank our water, and didn't refill that.When I make a big deal out of it, he'll end up leaving the smallest bit of things behind so he didn't finish them. So, instead of having a real piece of bread, I get a small part of the bread end. Or, 1/4 of a glass of tea or water.I know it's not a huge deal, but how can I express to him that this matters, and it drives me up the wall when it happens?TLDR: My husband eats all the bread and drinks all the drinks, and leaves none for anyone else, and doesn't tell me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.