25[M] going to SO’s 21[F] best friends birthday party and will not know anyone there, raised concerns over that and she’s told me not come

Okay so at the end of the month I’m driving over 28 hours total (Australia rip) to go to my SO’s best friends birthday party. I’ve been formally invited by an invite in the mail and I’ve spoken to the birthday girl over FaceTime when she calls my SO and she seems cool so I do want to go. So I applied for over a week off so we can drive down and back up.

Last night I expressed some concern that I’m not going to know anyone but her and I’m really bad in crowds of people I don’t know in a social setting.

She’s suggested I don’t go because she doesn’t want to have babysit me all night. I see where she’s coming from because I don’t want to ruin her night either but I thought that was a bit of a shit way to go about me not being a social butterfly.

Has anyone been in this situation or have any advice?

Tldr: going to SO’s best friends party and won’t know anyone, raised concerns to SO and she said don’t come if I’m just going to be babysitting you all night.



Submitted September 07, 2019 at 12:07AM

Okay so at the end of the month I’m driving over 28 hours total (Australia rip) to go to my SO’s best friends birthday party. I’ve been formally invited by an invite in the mail and I’ve spoken to the birthday girl over FaceTime when she calls my SO and she seems cool so I do want to go. So I applied for over a week off so we can drive down and back up.Last night I expressed some concern that I’m not going to know anyone but her and I’m really bad in crowds of people I don’t know in a social setting.She’s suggested I don’t go because she doesn’t want to have babysit me all night. I see where she’s coming from because I don’t want to ruin her night either but I thought that was a bit of a shit way to go about me not being a social butterfly.Has anyone been in this situation or have any advice?Tldr: going to SO’s best friends party and won’t know anyone, raised concerns to SO and she said don’t come if I’m just going to be babysitting you all night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.