What to do about guy at work, a struggle

I am a 23yo free spirited woman, I tend to be very bubbly and it leads people to misinterpreting my intentions. Recently at my part time, a coworker of mine has taken interest. Assuming it was for friendship, I began hanging out with him outside of work. Soon a drunken hook up followed and I have found myself in a tough spot.

  1. He's a 26yo devote Christian, and he is constantly pushing religion on me. I always listen tentatively, and although I have different views, I never bash his beliefs (though he openly stated that buddhism "wont get me anywhere"/"waste of time")
  2. I like to party and he looks down openly on aspects of my lifestyle,
  3. He catches an attitude when I don't call on him for help at work, literally will come over and be like "What the fuck? I'm not good enough to help? You know my number call me." Thing is, he likes to blow off work and I'm trying to get things done quickly and efficiently. I dont have time for your half assed help
  4. The other coworkers are all plotting to get us together and my work life has become all stress where I was generally care free and happy
  5. He keeps trying to show me to his family. After we hung out the first time he asked if we could take selfies together at work so his mom could see me and had me on facetime with his mom, and even said "I think shes the one", talk about scary
  6. And at the end of the day, hes not what I want sexually/physically, therefore I dont see much beyond a friendship

Yet, after telling him how I feel, he continues to press me. When I react badly, he says hes sorry and pulls this act where hes says he has no experience with woman so he doesnt know how this all works. And I understand that, but if the stove top is red why would you put your hand on it? It's like I constantly have the same convo and its exhausting.

Just wondering what I should do. I think he could be a big motivator in my life but he will also slightly hold me back.



Submitted April 23, 2019 at 02:47AM

I am a 23yo free spirited woman, I tend to be very bubbly and it leads people to misinterpreting my intentions. Recently at my part time, a coworker of mine has taken interest. Assuming it was for friendship, I began hanging out with him outside of work. Soon a drunken hook up followed and I have found myself in a tough spot.He's a 26yo devote Christian, and he is constantly pushing religion on me. I always listen tentatively, and although I have different views, I never bash his beliefs (though he openly stated that buddhism "wont get me anywhere"/"waste of time")I like to party and he looks down openly on aspects of my lifestyle,He catches an attitude when I don't call on him for help at work, literally will come over and be like "What the fuck? I'm not good enough to help? You know my number call me." Thing is, he likes to blow off work and I'm trying to get things done quickly and efficiently. I dont have time for your half assed helpThe other coworkers are all plotting to get us together and my work life has become all stress where I was generally care free and happyHe keeps trying to show me to his family. After we hung out the first time he asked if we could take selfies together at work so his mom could see me and had me on facetime with his mom, and even said "I think shes the one", talk about scaryAnd at the end of the day, hes not what I want sexually/physically, therefore I dont see much beyond a friendshipYet, after telling him how I feel, he continues to press me. When I react badly, he says hes sorry and pulls this act where hes says he has no experience with woman so he doesnt know how this all works. And I understand that, but if the stove top is red why would you put your hand on it? It's like I constantly have the same convo and its exhausting.Just wondering what I should do. I think he could be a big motivator in my life but he will also slightly hold me back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.