[Advice] I need feedback from a conversation I had today.

I normally never bother analyzing texts anymore because I usually find it a waste of time but I to see if people are getting the same impression I am.

Me: Hey, X! It's Chronos96 from [place of work ] how's the studying going? Are you still stressing out about that final?

Her: Definitely stressing but just wanted to be upfront I do have a bf so I don't want you to get the wrong impression.

Me: No worries, between work and everything else going on my life's too busy for a relationship at the moment.

Sometimes friendships are more rewarding. I appreciate your honesty though.

I just mean I'm really career oriented at this point in time. Being friends sounds great!

It's been radio silence since then. The only scenarios in my head I can think of are maybe she thought I didn't get the message about her being in a relationship which Is why I said being friends sounds great.

Or maybe she expected me to act deflated or something? I know this is a dating subreddit but I'm not wanting to really date right now if that makes sense?



Submitted April 23, 2019 at 03:23AM

I normally never bother analyzing texts anymore because I usually find it a waste of time but I to see if people are getting the same impression I am.Me: Hey, X! It's Chronos96 from [place of work ] how's the studying going? Are you still stressing out about that final?Her: Definitely stressing but just wanted to be upfront I do have a bf so I don't want you to get the wrong impression.Me: No worries, between work and everything else going on my life's too busy for a relationship at the moment.Sometimes friendships are more rewarding. I appreciate your honesty though.I just mean I'm really career oriented at this point in time. Being friends sounds great!It's been radio silence since then. The only scenarios in my head I can think of are maybe she thought I didn't get the message about her being in a relationship which Is why I said being friends sounds great.Or maybe she expected me to act deflated or something? I know this is a dating subreddit but I'm not wanting to really date right now if that makes sense?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.