Girlfriend (32) breaks up with me (m:32) over abuses from roommates

My girlfriend and I just broke up and I dont know whats even the right course of action to take. Me (32), and my ex (32) have been living with our housemates (m37, and f35) for several months and she just left us over the abuses my roommates have done to her.

My roommates (we'll call them j and k) are named on the lease and have often used that as leverage whenever we try to make changes or add ons to the house. Today the reason shes leaving was the final straw to her.

She came down earlier and asked loudly if I wanted to move out. So I came up to take a look and see whats going on. There was a bit of back and forth, as to why she cant screw in a spice rack to the wall so she can access the spices she bought yet they screwed in their curtains with no provlem. Apparently its because J didnt want us to leave so many screw marks as we did in the apartment we all shared (which we cleaned up). This goes on for a while and eventually we compromise. Me and the girlfriend left to do an errand in which she said theyre lying and that I shoukd have stood up to them rather than surrenduring. (Apparently j and k both have been saying things behind our backs or in private, some of it malicious, especially of my ex yet it doesnt seem to reach my ears).

When we were driving me and her argued and she said I have no self respect or self dignity to stand up to them or anyone. I just take the easy road.

I just want to know what I did wrong and how to fix it. Like....idk what I'm doing or what I should do.

TL:DR girlfriend left, Idk what to believe, and what should I do.



Submitted October 06, 2019 at 12:04AM

My girlfriend and I just broke up and I dont know whats even the right course of action to take. Me (32), and my ex (32) have been living with our housemates (m37, and f35) for several months and she just left us over the abuses my roommates have done to her.My roommates (we'll call them j and k) are named on the lease and have often used that as leverage whenever we try to make changes or add ons to the house. Today the reason shes leaving was the final straw to her.She came down earlier and asked loudly if I wanted to move out. So I came up to take a look and see whats going on. There was a bit of back and forth, as to why she cant screw in a spice rack to the wall so she can access the spices she bought yet they screwed in their curtains with no provlem. Apparently its because J didnt want us to leave so many screw marks as we did in the apartment we all shared (which we cleaned up). This goes on for a while and eventually we compromise. Me and the girlfriend left to do an errand in which she said theyre lying and that I shoukd have stood up to them rather than surrenduring. (Apparently j and k both have been saying things behind our backs or in private, some of it malicious, especially of my ex yet it doesnt seem to reach my ears).When we were driving me and her argued and she said I have no self respect or self dignity to stand up to them or anyone. I just take the easy road.I just want to know what I did wrong and how to fix it. Like....idk what I'm doing or what I should do.TL:DR girlfriend left, Idk what to believe, and what should I do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.