How exactly does one/I [M22] " Schmooze "? with other workers in my field [ Varying ages 25-50 ]

I don't know if this the right subreddit to help me, but I think it's a good start.

Recently, I kind of decided that I want to focus more on my career and see where that'll take me. I casually date here and there but my major priority is finding a job in my field, and securing a future, that sort of self-actualizing stuff.

Currently, I'm an intern at a media studio, I do a good job. And they trust me with more responsibilities that you wouldn't let an intern usually do ( Things like transcoding, etc.) I eventually realized that just knowing your stuff in the media field isn't going to be enough to land a position, you need to be able to make friends with people. Kind of unfair.

my major question is, how do I "Schmooze " with people or co-workers?, I've be great in conversation when it gets going. But I kind of hate small talk, and I kind of feel slimy just getting to know someone just to get a job ( Or maybe that's normal in the adult world? I just don't like being fake. ), for people that do it, how do you normally go about it?

TL;DR how to "Schmooze" and make friends to help find a job.



Submitted September 11, 2019 at 12:02AM

I don't know if this the right subreddit to help me, but I think it's a good start.Recently, I kind of decided that I want to focus more on my career and see where that'll take me. I casually date here and there but my major priority is finding a job in my field, and securing a future, that sort of self-actualizing stuff.Currently, I'm an intern at a media studio, I do a good job. And they trust me with more responsibilities that you wouldn't let an intern usually do ( Things like transcoding, etc.) I eventually realized that just knowing your stuff in the media field isn't going to be enough to land a position, you need to be able to make friends with people. Kind of unfair.my major question is, how do I "Schmooze " with people or co-workers?, I've be great in conversation when it gets going. But I kind of hate small talk, and I kind of feel slimy just getting to know someone just to get a job ( Or maybe that's normal in the adult world? I just don't like being fake. ), for people that do it, how do you normally go about it?TL;DR how to "Schmooze" and make friends to help find a job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.