What do I (22F)do when a friend (21M) doesn't want to hang out?

hi throwaway because well...anxiety. I have a friend i met last semester and i've invited him to hang out a few times, but he keeps saying that he's busy and fair enough. I brush it off and we just keep talking like normal. But im not gonna lie, it's getting super discouraging because I really like this guy.

I know that he's really socially awkward so i'm thinking that's part of him saying no, as well as the busy stuff but like... i still don't know what to do? I don't wanna push any boundaries.

Part of me wants to invite him one last time and see if he accepts or says he's busy again... if he doesn't I'm considering asking him if he like wants me to just stop asking or if i'm bothering him and he just doesn't want to hang out, which i know is the most probable answer...

tl;dr I wanna hang out with my friend but i'm anxious because he never accepts my invites because he's busy and i dunno how I should go about this.



Submitted July 12, 2019 at 10:14PM

hi throwaway because well...anxiety. I have a friend i met last semester and i've invited him to hang out a few times, but he keeps saying that he's busy and fair enough. I brush it off and we just keep talking like normal. But im not gonna lie, it's getting super discouraging because I really like this guy.I know that he's really socially awkward so i'm thinking that's part of him saying no, as well as the busy stuff but like... i still don't know what to do? I don't wanna push any boundaries.Part of me wants to invite him one last time and see if he accepts or says he's busy again... if he doesn't I'm considering asking him if he like wants me to just stop asking or if i'm bothering him and he just doesn't want to hang out, which i know is the most probable answer...tl;dr I wanna hang out with my friend but i'm anxious because he never accepts my invites because he's busy and i dunno how I should go about this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.