My (18M) Girlfriend of a year (19F) is saying I cheated by having a Snapchat streak with my ex way early in our relationship.

Hey Reddit... so long story. I’ve been with my girlfriend for almost a year now, and I love her to death.

So, basically she had this “online” relationship with this guy she had known for years like days before we started dating. She had sent him explicit photos, etc. She tried to hide it from me when we first started dating, and I noticed she was liking his photos on Instagram. That’s how I found out. Not too much of a big Deal right? She removed him, it’s all good.

We got into an argument yesterday over something that really isn’t relevant. I accidentally let something slip and told her she betrayed my trust just like she did at the beginning of our relationship with that guy.

Well she got clearly upset and brought up the fact that I had my ex on all social media’s and had a Snapchat streak with her. Keep in mind, I never talked to my ex; even small talk. I only sent Snapchat streaks and had her on social media. This only happened for around the first month of our relationship, then I cut off the streak and had zero contact with her besides being “mutual” on social media. We didn’t like each other’s photos, nothing.

Well, she found out and was pissed about 6 to 8 months ago. Rightfully so I suppose right? Stupid to have my ex on social media and I understand that and apologized so many times. I removed her from all social media’s. I feel absolutely nothing for my ex.

Well today she texted me because of the comment I made last night, and basically called me a disgusting hypocrite and went off. She claimed I had cheated on her by doing so and she felt like I had cheated by sending my ex a Snapchat streak. She was upset that I pulled up the situation with that old guy as evidence, and said “look at yourself before you speak”.

We are in an awful spot right now and I don’t know what to do. I realize I was a hypocrite, but this is all in the past and I’ve been profusely apologizing and honestly I feel awful. Her claiming I cheated by doing this hurt me bad. I tried to explain that it wasn’t cheating but she didn’t want to have it.

She’s extremely upset at me and I honestly don’t know what to do. It’s really hurting me and I just feel like I didn’t truly do anything that awful?

TL;DR: Girlfriend is mad I had a Snapchat streak with ex early on, calling me a hypocrite and a cheater because I got mad about her relationship with a past guy who she had on social media still.



Submitted July 28, 2019 at 11:32PM

Hey Reddit... so long story. I’ve been with my girlfriend for almost a year now, and I love her to death.So, basically she had this “online” relationship with this guy she had known for years like days before we started dating. She had sent him explicit photos, etc. She tried to hide it from me when we first started dating, and I noticed she was liking his photos on Instagram. That’s how I found out. Not too much of a big Deal right? She removed him, it’s all good.We got into an argument yesterday over something that really isn’t relevant. I accidentally let something slip and told her she betrayed my trust just like she did at the beginning of our relationship with that guy.Well she got clearly upset and brought up the fact that I had my ex on all social media’s and had a Snapchat streak with her. Keep in mind, I never talked to my ex; even small talk. I only sent Snapchat streaks and had her on social media. This only happened for around the first month of our relationship, then I cut off the streak and had zero contact with her besides being “mutual” on social media. We didn’t like each other’s photos, nothing.Well, she found out and was pissed about 6 to 8 months ago. Rightfully so I suppose right? Stupid to have my ex on social media and I understand that and apologized so many times. I removed her from all social media’s. I feel absolutely nothing for my ex.Well today she texted me because of the comment I made last night, and basically called me a disgusting hypocrite and went off. She claimed I had cheated on her by doing so and she felt like I had cheated by sending my ex a Snapchat streak. She was upset that I pulled up the situation with that old guy as evidence, and said “look at yourself before you speak”.We are in an awful spot right now and I don’t know what to do. I realize I was a hypocrite, but this is all in the past and I’ve been profusely apologizing and honestly I feel awful. Her claiming I cheated by doing this hurt me bad. I tried to explain that it wasn’t cheating but she didn’t want to have it.She’s extremely upset at me and I honestly don’t know what to do. It’s really hurting me and I just feel like I didn’t truly do anything that awful?TL;DR: Girlfriend is mad I had a Snapchat streak with ex early on, calling me a hypocrite and a cheater because I got mad about her relationship with a past guy who she had on social media still.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.