(30m) Struggling to develop meaningful connections with partners

Two years I broke up with my then Gf - the whole process was deeply traumatic for me and it took a good year to get over. I am in a much better place mentally now and generally happy with how my life is which is great.

The issue I have is I am struggling to emotionally connect with prospective partners - I do date a fair bit and realise that I most likely have strong barriers in place to ensure that I don’t get hurt again. I used to be quite open and would develop feelings quite quickly for the right person, I am just slightly concerned that I haven’t come close to this since Haha Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced similar and what they have done in this situation?

TL:DR - unable to develop feelings for partners after bad breakup



Submitted July 28, 2019 at 11:51PM

Two years I broke up with my then Gf - the whole process was deeply traumatic for me and it took a good year to get over. I am in a much better place mentally now and generally happy with how my life is which is great.The issue I have is I am struggling to emotionally connect with prospective partners - I do date a fair bit and realise that I most likely have strong barriers in place to ensure that I don’t get hurt again. I used to be quite open and would develop feelings quite quickly for the right person, I am just slightly concerned that I haven’t come close to this since Haha Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced similar and what they have done in this situation?TL:DR - unable to develop feelings for partners after bad breakup

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.