My [27F] boyfriend's [26M] "Baby Mom" is causing severe strain on our relationship.

Thanks in advance for any input and/or advice, ill try to keep it short.

I started dating my boyfriend a few months ago, well aware that he had a child. (Normally I dont date anyone with a child but I made an exception as I am getting older) I was perfectly fine with the idea of slowly being introduced into a childs life...

During the time that my boyfriend and I have been together, the mother of his child (we will call her Tammy for story purposes) has been locked away in rehab and is getting ready to be released soon. Tammy's parents have full custody over the child and so he lives with them, and they frequently visit Tammy in rehab..

Once word got around and back to Tammy that I was now in the picture, not only did she prohibit him from seeing him son anymore, she started with the threats of "I dont want that b*** around my kid, youll never see your kid if youre with her, etc etc." And basically guilt tripping my boyfriend into the fact that, as long as he is dating me and not her, that he will not be allowed to see his son.

My boyfriend has been acting weird recently, a little more depressed that normal, which is understandable. My gut tells me sooner or later he will more than likely cut the relationship short and give in to her just so he can be around his son.

I dont know this girl on any kind of personal level at all, ive only just passed by her or heard he name. There's no reason for her to not trust me other than the fact that i'm dating her ex. Is there anything that I can do? Or just sit back and hope for the best? Ive never really been in this scenario so .. any input is much appreciated.

Thank you.

tl;dr Boyfriends baby mom wont let him see his son as long as were dating, concerned he might leave.



Submitted June 25, 2019 at 11:33PM

Thanks in advance for any input and/or advice, ill try to keep it short.I started dating my boyfriend a few months ago, well aware that he had a child. (Normally I dont date anyone with a child but I made an exception as I am getting older) I was perfectly fine with the idea of slowly being introduced into a childs life...During the time that my boyfriend and I have been together, the mother of his child (we will call her Tammy for story purposes) has been locked away in rehab and is getting ready to be released soon. Tammy's parents have full custody over the child and so he lives with them, and they frequently visit Tammy in rehab..Once word got around and back to Tammy that I was now in the picture, not only did she prohibit him from seeing him son anymore, she started with the threats of "I dont want that b*** around my kid, youll never see your kid if youre with her, etc etc." And basically guilt tripping my boyfriend into the fact that, as long as he is dating me and not her, that he will not be allowed to see his son.My boyfriend has been acting weird recently, a little more depressed that normal, which is understandable. My gut tells me sooner or later he will more than likely cut the relationship short and give in to her just so he can be around his son.I dont know this girl on any kind of personal level at all, ive only just passed by her or heard he name. There's no reason for her to not trust me other than the fact that i'm dating her ex. Is there anything that I can do? Or just sit back and hope for the best? Ive never really been in this scenario so .. any input is much appreciated.Thank you.tl;dr Boyfriends baby mom wont let him see his son as long as were dating, concerned he might leave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.