Am I (23M) the only one completely discouraged from pursuing dating atm due to activities being limited to online-only?

I naturally do not like texting or messaging people outside of logistical communication (e.g. planning events), hence I simply dread having long-winded conversations through text with people through dating sites. Whenever I ever get a "match" I always keep conversations to a minimum (no longer than an hour) before asking for a phone number to carry conversing through calling, and then from there (after about a week), I push to set a date for meeting.

Now of course, because of this pandemic, in-person dating is scratched off most peoples mind. So now I can’t go on normal dates with almost anybody.

Sure, there are those "Zoom dates" or video dates that you can go on that people have suggested but it really does not feel the same. It for me just entertains the idea of long-distance dating which I also am absolutely not a fan of (I don’t even believe they hardly work). I honestly feel it’s only worth engaging in dating if the people you pursue are available to meet with you at a not so distant future (probably not more than two weeks).

You can talk, hear, and see each other, but I strongly believe the in-person chemistry makes a world of difference as to whether you stick with your respective date.



Submitted May 06, 2020 at 12:13AM

I naturally do not like texting or messaging people outside of logistical communication (e.g. planning events), hence I simply dread having long-winded conversations through text with people through dating sites. Whenever I ever get a "match" I always keep conversations to a minimum (no longer than an hour) before asking for a phone number to carry conversing through calling, and then from there (after about a week), I push to set a date for meeting.Now of course, because of this pandemic, in-person dating is scratched off most peoples mind. So now I can’t go on normal dates with almost anybody.Sure, there are those "Zoom dates" or video dates that you can go on that people have suggested but it really does not feel the same. It for me just entertains the idea of long-distance dating which I also am absolutely not a fan of (I don’t even believe they hardly work). I honestly feel it’s only worth engaging in dating if the people you pursue are available to meet with you at a not so distant future (probably not more than two weeks).You can talk, hear, and see each other, but I strongly believe the in-person chemistry makes a world of difference as to whether you stick with your respective date.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.