My (21F) boyfriend (27M) doesn’t want to meet my sister (22F) and it’s stressing me out

Before I start, sorry for bad formatting. I’ve never used reddit before and I’m on mobile, so just a heads up lol.

So to start, my boyfriend and I have been dating for almost a year now. Things are going super great, and we’re even talking about living together this coming summer. He’s a very sweet boyfriend.

I live with my sister and ever since I’ve started living with her, she’s been borrowing money from me and almost never paid me back. She’s also threatened to kick me out a few times when I first lived with her. It’s admittedly frustrating, but I’m a very patient person, so it hasn’t bothered me as much. It does, however, bother my boyfriend a lot.

It’s insane to say that he and I have almost been dating for a year and he hasn’t met my sister at all, and there is a reason for that. He flat out does NOT want to meet her. He says she’s a manipulative person and steals money from me. I see where he’s coming from, but she’s been doing better lately and doesn’t take money as often, and does her best to pay me back the small amounts.

My sister really wants to meet him, and has asked me to meet him every time he picks me up, but I just avoid the topic. He said he’d be nice to her, but he flat out says that he doesn’t want to meet someone that takes advantage of me. My sister asked to meet him next time I get picked up and I said yes, I haven’t told him yet, though.

I’m kind of in a pickle, I don’t really know what to do here. If I have them meet, my sister would be happy, but my boyfriend would feel stressed. If they don’t meet, my sister would be sad, but it’d avoid the awkwardness and my boyfriend possibly saying something.

Should I tell him he’s meeting my sister next time, or tell my sister maybe another time?

TL;DR: My boyfriend doesn’t want to meet my sister because he believes she takes advantage of me, but my sister really wants to meet him.



Submitted February 03, 2020 at 10:48PM

Before I start, sorry for bad formatting. I’ve never used reddit before and I’m on mobile, so just a heads up lol.So to start, my boyfriend and I have been dating for almost a year now. Things are going super great, and we’re even talking about living together this coming summer. He’s a very sweet boyfriend.I live with my sister and ever since I’ve started living with her, she’s been borrowing money from me and almost never paid me back. She’s also threatened to kick me out a few times when I first lived with her. It’s admittedly frustrating, but I’m a very patient person, so it hasn’t bothered me as much. It does, however, bother my boyfriend a lot.It’s insane to say that he and I have almost been dating for a year and he hasn’t met my sister at all, and there is a reason for that. He flat out does NOT want to meet her. He says she’s a manipulative person and steals money from me. I see where he’s coming from, but she’s been doing better lately and doesn’t take money as often, and does her best to pay me back the small amounts.My sister really wants to meet him, and has asked me to meet him every time he picks me up, but I just avoid the topic. He said he’d be nice to her, but he flat out says that he doesn’t want to meet someone that takes advantage of me. My sister asked to meet him next time I get picked up and I said yes, I haven’t told him yet, though.I’m kind of in a pickle, I don’t really know what to do here. If I have them meet, my sister would be happy, but my boyfriend would feel stressed. If they don’t meet, my sister would be sad, but it’d avoid the awkwardness and my boyfriend possibly saying something.Should I tell him he’s meeting my sister next time, or tell my sister maybe another time?TL;DR: My boyfriend doesn’t want to meet my sister because he believes she takes advantage of me, but my sister really wants to meet him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.