My [28M] gf [22F] says she is afraid of breaking up whenever we have an argument

Hi,

I’ll start by outlining the latest situation I’ve been in. One of my girlfriend’s work colleagues (who is also a friend, and we all spent time together as well) is getting married later this year. She invited my gf, and then my gf told me about it and she was very happy about it but she did not say anything regarding whether I am invited or not. I found it strange but was somehow feeling bad to ask about it so I stayed quiet for a while.

Recently, we had an argument about something, and during the argument she revealed that the coworker asked her about inviting me to the wedding, however at the time my gf was feeling upset about the relationship (can’t recall the reason), and was feeling like we may break up until then. She then told her friend how she felt about the relationship and decided it would be best to not invite me.

I was quite shocked when I found out all of the above, not just because she was the one because of whom I did not get invited to the wedding (maybe I am a bit selfish, but if I would get a wedding invite I would instantly ask my SO to join me), but also because she tends to talk about out relationship with others. That includes the arguments that we have and so on. She said she always did this as it’s something she considered trivial. At least until we had a serious discussion recently and she seemed to realise it was wrong.

Anyway, I’m wondering what your take on this is and what suggestions you might have. More specifically, should I consider moving on? What should I do if something like this happens again?

TL;DR: Girlfriend of 2 years used to speak to her friends about our relationship and also has break up fear whenever things are not going well in the relationship or when we argue.



Submitted January 29, 2020 at 11:59PM

Hi,I’ll start by outlining the latest situation I’ve been in. One of my girlfriend’s work colleagues (who is also a friend, and we all spent time together as well) is getting married later this year. She invited my gf, and then my gf told me about it and she was very happy about it but she did not say anything regarding whether I am invited or not. I found it strange but was somehow feeling bad to ask about it so I stayed quiet for a while.Recently, we had an argument about something, and during the argument she revealed that the coworker asked her about inviting me to the wedding, however at the time my gf was feeling upset about the relationship (can’t recall the reason), and was feeling like we may break up until then. She then told her friend how she felt about the relationship and decided it would be best to not invite me.I was quite shocked when I found out all of the above, not just because she was the one because of whom I did not get invited to the wedding (maybe I am a bit selfish, but if I would get a wedding invite I would instantly ask my SO to join me), but also because she tends to talk about out relationship with others. That includes the arguments that we have and so on. She said she always did this as it’s something she considered trivial. At least until we had a serious discussion recently and she seemed to realise it was wrong.Anyway, I’m wondering what your take on this is and what suggestions you might have. More specifically, should I consider moving on? What should I do if something like this happens again?TL;DR: Girlfriend of 2 years used to speak to her friends about our relationship and also has break up fear whenever things are not going well in the relationship or when we argue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.