A surprise first date. Needing some advice.

Background: I’m a 23F, he’s a 28M. met online. We FaceTimed three times. both have a lot of commonalities and I thought he has a lot of potential. We got a long great!

He messages me he has the first date planned out and it’s a surprise.

Now that pisses me off and scares me. I also told him I had been sexually assaulted prior and to take it slow if we meet up.

I explain my concerns to him and how I am a planner and I actually hate surprises and he goes “yeah me too.” 😶 and quickly follows up with “but this isn’t a surprise for me because I’m in the know.”

I just find the whole thing inconsiderate and part of me wants to cancel the whole date in its entirety or I wonder if it’s my PTSD and trust. I haven’t dated anyone since highschool so I wonder if it’s fear also. Opinions?



Submitted January 30, 2020 at 12:05AM

Background: I’m a 23F, he’s a 28M. met online. We FaceTimed three times. both have a lot of commonalities and I thought he has a lot of potential. We got a long great!He messages me he has the first date planned out and it’s a surprise.Now that pisses me off and scares me. I also told him I had been sexually assaulted prior and to take it slow if we meet up.I explain my concerns to him and how I am a planner and I actually hate surprises and he goes “yeah me too.” 😶 and quickly follows up with “but this isn’t a surprise for me because I’m in the know.”I just find the whole thing inconsiderate and part of me wants to cancel the whole date in its entirety or I wonder if it’s my PTSD and trust. I haven’t dated anyone since highschool so I wonder if it’s fear also. Opinions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.