Update: My (23f) boyfriend (25m) moved in with me and I'm starting to see redflags/compatibility issues. I don't know what to do.

I'll post the original here.

TL;DR: I've decided I want my boyfriend to move out of my family's house and I don't know how to tell him because he seems too sensitive and emotionally dependent on me.

After being sick for a few days "our" bedroom got really messy because I wasn't cleaning. During my cleaning rampage I blurted out "this isn't working for me." He then got out of bed and helped me finish cleaning without saying a word. The next day I talked to him about how necessary it is to keep his stuff organized, and actually throw things away instead of leaving garbage everywhere. He said he would try harder.

Today while he was gone at work, I went on an almost 2 hour walk on trails with my dog, got coffee, did errands, cleaned and organized the house, and did some yoga. I haven't felt this great in a long time, and I feel like I can get back into my original mindset.

Then he just came home and I wasn't happy to see him- I don't think I have in a while. I don't enjoy talking to him anymore because anything I want to talk about is "complex" and makes his "brain hurt". So a majority of our conversations are topics he brings up, or funny memes he finds. The topics he brings up aren't really even topics, they're just things he found on the internet, or points out what goes on while Hulu is playing, or talks about things that happened at work or on his way home.

Basically I've decided I want him out of my family's house. I don't know how to break it to him because hes incredibly sensitive and has said things in the past like "I don't ever want to lose you" and "I'd be so depressed without you" and "youre the best thing that has ever happened to me" and "I was so depressed and at a bad job when we first met, and now I'm not."



Submitted December 28, 2019 at 12:19AM

I'll post the original here.TL;DR: I've decided I want my boyfriend to move out of my family's house and I don't know how to tell him because he seems too sensitive and emotionally dependent on me.​After being sick for a few days "our" bedroom got really messy because I wasn't cleaning. During my cleaning rampage I blurted out "this isn't working for me." He then got out of bed and helped me finish cleaning without saying a word. The next day I talked to him about how necessary it is to keep his stuff organized, and actually throw things away instead of leaving garbage everywhere. He said he would try harder.​Today while he was gone at work, I went on an almost 2 hour walk on trails with my dog, got coffee, did errands, cleaned and organized the house, and did some yoga. I haven't felt this great in a long time, and I feel like I can get back into my original mindset.​Then he just came home and I wasn't happy to see him- I don't think I have in a while. I don't enjoy talking to him anymore because anything I want to talk about is "complex" and makes his "brain hurt". So a majority of our conversations are topics he brings up, or funny memes he finds. The topics he brings up aren't really even topics, they're just things he found on the internet, or points out what goes on while Hulu is playing, or talks about things that happened at work or on his way home.​Basically I've decided I want him out of my family's house. I don't know how to break it to him because hes incredibly sensitive and has said things in the past like "I don't ever want to lose you" and "I'd be so depressed without you" and "youre the best thing that has ever happened to me" and "I was so depressed and at a bad job when we first met, and now I'm not."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.