I (22f) think I’ve fallen out of love with my gf (23f) of 3.5 years. What do I do?

My main question to this subreddit is how did you know you’d fallen out of love with your s/o? How did you deal with that realization?

I’m mostly curious about how people got to the conclusion, especially if you’d been dating your s/o for over two years.

I’ve been having doubts about my (22f) own relationship with my partner of almost 3.5 years (23f) and I’m not sure if it’s that I’ve fallen out of love or if I just have to be a better girlfriend. There’s that phrase about how love isn’t just something that happens, it’s something you work for everyday. I know I’m not the most self aware so it could be me dragging my feet or I’ve genuinely fallen out of love but I don’t know.

We met when we were both in a bad place, mentally, and we helped drag each other out of that. I felt like I was stumbling around and falling back then, but now I feel like I can stand firmly on my two feet thanks to her and the growth we went through. She’s the second person I’ve dated seriously (by contrast, she’s had a lot more dating experience) and there’s this voice gnawing at me in the back of my mind that makes me want to experience other things. That’s been on my mind more recently and I don’t know if it’s a sign that my feelings for her are waning.

TLDR; I’m having doubts about my relationship and I think hearing about other people’s realizations would help me understand my feelings.



Submitted December 28, 2019 at 12:09AM

My main question to this subreddit is how did you know you’d fallen out of love with your s/o? How did you deal with that realization?I’m mostly curious about how people got to the conclusion, especially if you’d been dating your s/o for over two years.I’ve been having doubts about my (22f) own relationship with my partner of almost 3.5 years (23f) and I’m not sure if it’s that I’ve fallen out of love or if I just have to be a better girlfriend. There’s that phrase about how love isn’t just something that happens, it’s something you work for everyday. I know I’m not the most self aware so it could be me dragging my feet or I’ve genuinely fallen out of love but I don’t know.We met when we were both in a bad place, mentally, and we helped drag each other out of that. I felt like I was stumbling around and falling back then, but now I feel like I can stand firmly on my two feet thanks to her and the growth we went through. She’s the second person I’ve dated seriously (by contrast, she’s had a lot more dating experience) and there’s this voice gnawing at me in the back of my mind that makes me want to experience other things. That’s been on my mind more recently and I don’t know if it’s a sign that my feelings for her are waning.TLDR; I’m having doubts about my relationship and I think hearing about other people’s realizations would help me understand my feelings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.