How common is it for someone to only have person on their 'potential date radar' at a time?

Edit: I'm so sorry. The title should say "one person"

In my college psychology class, the prof wanted to have a class discussion on some dating dynamics, especially to show different perspectives associated with men and women. So he split us up by gender, had us discuss, and then present our perspectives.

Anyway, one young woman said: I usually have one guy that I'm hoping will ask me out, but then a different guy does, and that's really disappointing.

I was pretty floored. Like, 1) why wouldn't you have a small handful of people that you would like to date? 2) why would that be disappointing? The other guy can still ask you out. 3) you're probably going to be constantly disappointed if you're just sitting around waiting for one individual to ask you out, which may never actually happen.

Is this actually a common thing? Do people keep their sights set on just one person even if they've never talked to them?



Submitted December 17, 2019 at 12:13AM

Edit: I'm so sorry. The title should say "one person"In my college psychology class, the prof wanted to have a class discussion on some dating dynamics, especially to show different perspectives associated with men and women. So he split us up by gender, had us discuss, and then present our perspectives.Anyway, one young woman said: I usually have one guy that I'm hoping will ask me out, but then a different guy does, and that's really disappointing.I was pretty floored. Like, 1) why wouldn't you have a small handful of people that you would like to date? 2) why would that be disappointing? The other guy can still ask you out. 3) you're probably going to be constantly disappointed if you're just sitting around waiting for one individual to ask you out, which may never actually happen.Is this actually a common thing? Do people keep their sights set on just one person even if they've never talked to them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.