I’m (31/m) worried that her (25/f) friends have a bad influence on her. Causing our relationship to end.

TL;DR: when i met this girl, she told me that her friends are wild, that they dress up slutty and find “daddy’s” to get free stuff, they pay for everything. Her friends get hammered every night and are completely wreckless. They have sex with anyone that pays attention to them. She’s not like that, she a really good girl, but i think the friends have a lot of influence over her.

We dated for 6 months, things were great and she was happy.

I remember one time her best friend called her on FaceTime while we were sleeping and this person didn’t even know her name, my gf asked if someone had drugged her. The friend was slurring and barely making any sense.

The next morning, the best friend calls her again, she puts the girl on speaker and her friend is laughing about “holy fuck what a night, you should’ve come out”.

And just like that, it became a common occurrence.

Another time, that same best friend calls her to tell her about her date and how nice the guy was but she didn’t know if she wanted anything, my gf said “yeah, that’s because you’re a robot with no feelings”... the friend replied, “if I’m a robot, then so are you”

Her best friend got fired, and my ex was stressed over her well being.

Fast forward to now, she ended things with me, said she’s not ready to commit to anyone and just wants to focus on herself.

It took me by suprise, because just the day before she was telling me that she’s so lucky to have found someone like me and that i made her feel and treated her like no one ever has. Told me that I’m such an amazing person and have such a beautiful soul.

She ended the text with “thank you for being you baby”

That same day that she sent me that text she was out with her bff, drinking.. we had a date the next day.. date day comes and she cancelled, said she was sick and throwing up, I assumed she was hungover.

But a few days later she said that maybe we shouldn’t see each other anymore.

She values her friend’s opinion.. I’m almost certain that she made her feel guilty for not coming out to party with them like she used to, or made fun of how “perfect” the relationship was.

She’s that kind of girl, i know, because she’d tell her “oh, guess you’re being a housewife tonight” whenever she’d call my gf and we were together.

But she was so happy, she felt safe and comfortable, desired and taken cared of.

I understand that they are young, she wants to party with her friends and not feel like she’s tied down to anyone.

It saddens me, because I know that she’s really not like that, she’s too sweet, too selfless, too nice, too loving, to act like her best friend does.

I believe she just wants to fit in with her bff.

I don’t understand why she’d let go of something good, because her best friend wanted her to come out and be wreckless more often.

She shamed my gf for having a healthy relationship for once.

I’m giving her space now, told her I understood and I’d leave her alone. We haven’t talked in a week.



Submitted November 25, 2019 at 10:57PM

TL;DR: when i met this girl, she told me that her friends are wild, that they dress up slutty and find “daddy’s” to get free stuff, they pay for everything. Her friends get hammered every night and are completely wreckless. They have sex with anyone that pays attention to them. She’s not like that, she a really good girl, but i think the friends have a lot of influence over her.We dated for 6 months, things were great and she was happy.I remember one time her best friend called her on FaceTime while we were sleeping and this person didn’t even know her name, my gf asked if someone had drugged her. The friend was slurring and barely making any sense.The next morning, the best friend calls her again, she puts the girl on speaker and her friend is laughing about “holy fuck what a night, you should’ve come out”.And just like that, it became a common occurrence.Another time, that same best friend calls her to tell her about her date and how nice the guy was but she didn’t know if she wanted anything, my gf said “yeah, that’s because you’re a robot with no feelings”... the friend replied, “if I’m a robot, then so are you”Her best friend got fired, and my ex was stressed over her well being.Fast forward to now, she ended things with me, said she’s not ready to commit to anyone and just wants to focus on herself.It took me by suprise, because just the day before she was telling me that she’s so lucky to have found someone like me and that i made her feel and treated her like no one ever has. Told me that I’m such an amazing person and have such a beautiful soul.She ended the text with “thank you for being you baby”That same day that she sent me that text she was out with her bff, drinking.. we had a date the next day.. date day comes and she cancelled, said she was sick and throwing up, I assumed she was hungover.But a few days later she said that maybe we shouldn’t see each other anymore.She values her friend’s opinion.. I’m almost certain that she made her feel guilty for not coming out to party with them like she used to, or made fun of how “perfect” the relationship was.She’s that kind of girl, i know, because she’d tell her “oh, guess you’re being a housewife tonight” whenever she’d call my gf and we were together.But she was so happy, she felt safe and comfortable, desired and taken cared of.I understand that they are young, she wants to party with her friends and not feel like she’s tied down to anyone.It saddens me, because I know that she’s really not like that, she’s too sweet, too selfless, too nice, too loving, to act like her best friend does.I believe she just wants to fit in with her bff.I don’t understand why she’d let go of something good, because her best friend wanted her to come out and be wreckless more often.She shamed my gf for having a healthy relationship for once.I’m giving her space now, told her I understood and I’d leave her alone. We haven’t talked in a week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.