I (28F) overheard my husband (29M) tell his friend he's disappointed I got fat. Should I say something to him?

I recently gained 30 pounds due to having a baby and also a medical issue that caused weight gain. I'm on medication now and have already lost 5 pounds but that still means I'm 25 pounds overweight. Before the baby I was a size 2 so that's how my husband is used to seeing me.

He was talking to his friend on the phone in our bedroom and I had the baby in the living room. I needed to change the baby so I had to walk past the bedroom to the nursery and that's when I heard him say he was disappointed that he has a fat wife now.

Should I talk to him about this? I don't want him to think I was eavesdropping but he was talking loud enough that I could hear. Honestly I would love if he would watch the baby so I could go to the gym because I don't like being fat either.

TLDR; husband said he doesn't want a fat wife but never said it to my face, is a discussion needed?



Submitted November 25, 2019 at 11:47PM

I recently gained 30 pounds due to having a baby and also a medical issue that caused weight gain. I'm on medication now and have already lost 5 pounds but that still means I'm 25 pounds overweight. Before the baby I was a size 2 so that's how my husband is used to seeing me.He was talking to his friend on the phone in our bedroom and I had the baby in the living room. I needed to change the baby so I had to walk past the bedroom to the nursery and that's when I heard him say he was disappointed that he has a fat wife now.Should I talk to him about this? I don't want him to think I was eavesdropping but he was talking loud enough that I could hear. Honestly I would love if he would watch the baby so I could go to the gym because I don't like being fat either.TLDR; husband said he doesn't want a fat wife but never said it to my face, is a discussion needed?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.