Why, after 1 year of dating, do I still distrust my girlfriend

I (M,17) have been dating a girl (F,18) for slightly over a year now, but I feel like I dont trust her completly.

Jill (NOT HER ACTUAL NAME) is really a wonderful girl, she really cares about animals alot, and is really nice and sweet. Thing is that she has a tendancy to trust people way too easily (Opposite of me, who barely trusts anyone), and I have a bad feeling that if I leave for an extended amount of time (ex. to be shipped out to some military base far from the US), she will do stuff behind my back, as I have seen several of my friends girlfriends do when they're sent out to wherever in the world.

I've had a coversation about this with her, and she assured me that she would never cheat, but I really am unsure about whether she will uphold that.

I thought that maybe the best course of action would be to talk about this again, but I dont know whether that would be appropiate becuase we have had this conversation before, but even then I am still unsure of what to say

TL:DR: I fel guilty for not trusting my girlfriend even though I have been dating her for a year



Submitted September 19, 2019 at 12:12AM

I (M,17) have been dating a girl (F,18) for slightly over a year now, but I feel like I dont trust her completly.Jill (NOT HER ACTUAL NAME) is really a wonderful girl, she really cares about animals alot, and is really nice and sweet. Thing is that she has a tendancy to trust people way too easily (Opposite of me, who barely trusts anyone), and I have a bad feeling that if I leave for an extended amount of time (ex. to be shipped out to some military base far from the US), she will do stuff behind my back, as I have seen several of my friends girlfriends do when they're sent out to wherever in the world.I've had a coversation about this with her, and she assured me that she would never cheat, but I really am unsure about whether she will uphold that.I thought that maybe the best course of action would be to talk about this again, but I dont know whether that would be appropiate becuase we have had this conversation before, but even then I am still unsure of what to sayTL:DR: I fel guilty for not trusting my girlfriend even though I have been dating her for a year

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.