I [19M] recently started seeing a girl [19F] who is bad at showing affection/interest and it is killing my interest.

For background, the girl has never had a boyfriend nor has she ever had sexual intimacy with a guy. She’s from my group of friends and it just sort of happened.

We started speaking at the beginning of August and kissed before I went on holiday for almost month. During this time we spoke almost every day and kept the initial interest going. I returned at the end of August and since then we have seen each other two times alone and multiple times with friends. We’ve kissed a lot but nothing more than that as I don’t want to pressure her or make her feel pressured at all.

She’s not a very affectionate girl and I think that comes from the fact that she has never been like this with a guy, in fact she has said to her friends she doesn’t like when guys are too affectionate because she isn’t used to it. She isn’t very good at flirting and pretty much shuts me down every time I flirt with her on text, in person it’s different.

It is starting to grate on me a bit, there is only so much energy I can put in without getting it back out. The most annoying part is I know she likes me because she has never ever shown interest in a guy the way she has with me and her friends tell me she’s interested and she’s told her parents and university friends about me.

I’m starting to question if we are actually compatible and if I have the energy to keep going with this when I don’t get much back. It is also starting to hit my self esteem at this point and making me feel a bit low occasionally.

With us both going to university on Saturday I just can’t see how this is going to work. I guess what I’m asking is is it too early to give up? Should I give her more of a chance?

TL;DR girl I’m seeing isn’t showing much interest despite the fact that her friends all know about me and tell me she is interested and I don’t know if I can be bothered anymore.



Submitted September 18, 2019 at 11:58PM

For background, the girl has never had a boyfriend nor has she ever had sexual intimacy with a guy. She’s from my group of friends and it just sort of happened.We started speaking at the beginning of August and kissed before I went on holiday for almost month. During this time we spoke almost every day and kept the initial interest going. I returned at the end of August and since then we have seen each other two times alone and multiple times with friends. We’ve kissed a lot but nothing more than that as I don’t want to pressure her or make her feel pressured at all.She’s not a very affectionate girl and I think that comes from the fact that she has never been like this with a guy, in fact she has said to her friends she doesn’t like when guys are too affectionate because she isn’t used to it. She isn’t very good at flirting and pretty much shuts me down every time I flirt with her on text, in person it’s different.It is starting to grate on me a bit, there is only so much energy I can put in without getting it back out. The most annoying part is I know she likes me because she has never ever shown interest in a guy the way she has with me and her friends tell me she’s interested and she’s told her parents and university friends about me.I’m starting to question if we are actually compatible and if I have the energy to keep going with this when I don’t get much back. It is also starting to hit my self esteem at this point and making me feel a bit low occasionally.With us both going to university on Saturday I just can’t see how this is going to work. I guess what I’m asking is is it too early to give up? Should I give her more of a chance?TL;DR girl I’m seeing isn’t showing much interest despite the fact that her friends all know about me and tell me she is interested and I don’t know if I can be bothered anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.