/u/StrandedX02 on I’m not asexual, but I have a question (out of genuine curiosity). If you watch a movie or series and a sex scene comes on, what do you think about that, since you don‘t have any sexual attraction? Like does it disgust you or does it not impact you at all? Again, not meant to offend anybody!

TV and movies usually don't have much of an effect on me, as even something like Game of Thrones isn't really explicit. It's not like the actors are having sex on camera. I don't really think they're interesting, but it's not like I'm closing my eyes or fast-forwarding.

On the other hand, I usually do skip sex scenes in books, because I find the level of detail - both in terms of what's physically happening and what the characters are thinking - extremely unsettling sometimes. One of my regular book clubs just randomly decided to throw in a romance novel this past month, and I literally couldn't even get through it once I realized there was practically a sex scene in every chapter.





September 19, 2019 at 12:04AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.