/u/ToothlessFeline on I think this will be appreciated here

Every oppressed group has members who want to exclude some subset from the group because they don’t think they’re “oppressed enough”. There’s probably aces who think grays or demis or aegos “aren’t really ace”.

It’s impossible to define a group narrowly and completely enough to prevent this kind of argument because everyone is at least a little bit different. There’s always a way to find a disqualifying condition if you want to. That may be the biggest problem with labels: they encapsulate and amplify differences, which gives power to those who crave to exclude.





July 01, 2019 at 12:23AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.