Do guys really stay friends with gals they dated and fizzled out with?

A bit of background. I 32F gotten dumped after a whirlwind silly short romance, we met organically.

A month and a half later, I decided to try old and I meet a decent dude online and we go out, 3x in a matter of 2 months.

I wasn't giving off too many romantic vibes b/c honestly I think I was still getting over my ex. He could read the signals and messages me that he's sorry but he doesn't feel a connection, which I agreed with and we agreed to remain friends!

fast forward 2 months later he texts me and asks how I am and we meet up for dinner and catch-up. During this time he said he is kinda seeing a girl, and has been for 6 weeks.

1 month after our catch-up he texts again and asks how i am doing and etc and then I asked him he wanted to catch-up this Sat. he said "Me and Jess have plans, but how about Sunday?"

I was busy, I have a trip planned next week for a couple weeks and so I told him to have a great weekend and well catchup next time.

To be honest I really like him as a friend and now that the romance guard is down I could see him as more even, but I won't go there since he's seeing someone. However, my question is....do you guys lose contact with dates that fizzled out, or could he still have feelings for me too? i mean he's making time to hang out and actually texting me....

just want to get a guys perspective.



Submitted July 01, 2019 at 12:23AM

A bit of background. I 32F gotten dumped after a whirlwind silly short romance, we met organically.A month and a half later, I decided to try old and I meet a decent dude online and we go out, 3x in a matter of 2 months.I wasn't giving off too many romantic vibes b/c honestly I think I was still getting over my ex. He could read the signals and messages me that he's sorry but he doesn't feel a connection, which I agreed with and we agreed to remain friends!fast forward 2 months later he texts me and asks how I am and we meet up for dinner and catch-up. During this time he said he is kinda seeing a girl, and has been for 6 weeks.1 month after our catch-up he texts again and asks how i am doing and etc and then I asked him he wanted to catch-up this Sat. he said "Me and Jess have plans, but how about Sunday?"I was busy, I have a trip planned next week for a couple weeks and so I told him to have a great weekend and well catchup next time.To be honest I really like him as a friend and now that the romance guard is down I could see him as more even, but I won't go there since he's seeing someone. However, my question is....do you guys lose contact with dates that fizzled out, or could he still have feelings for me too? i mean he's making time to hang out and actually texting me....just want to get a guys perspective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.