At what point should you give up on someone if they are struggling/cancelling to meet you for a first date?

So I recently matched with a girl online that I actually know and i've spoken with in person once at a festival. We had a nice 15 minute long conversation. This was 8 months ago. (She was taken at the time so I didn't make a move back then).

Now that we've been texting, she seems to have a very busy schedule and has cancelled 2 dates I tried to arrange so far within one week. This saturday and this sunday (today) .

We have been matched since last sunday and have been talking for exactly 1 week. Yesterday, she canceled because she said her car was in the shop and she didn't know how long it would take so she asked if we could move it to today to be safe (even though I offered to drive us both previously).

So today when I followed up with her before the date, she didn't respond to the text I sent 6 hours ago that was asking if she was still available to go out tonight. normally she responds within an hour, 2 hours max on one occasion. But something must seriously be up today..

At what point should I stop trying to pursue her?

I've been putting in 100% of the work. I haven't texted her every single day so I don't seem clingy or obsessive. I just genuinely wanted to get to know her and hopefully start a nice relationship. Shes 26, I'm 23. I'm only interested in her because we have spoken before, we have multiple things in common, and we have a mutual interest/hobby.

I don't have much dating experience at all. How concerned should I be here?

If this isn't the right place to ask for advice on this, please direct me to the correct subreddit. Thanks.



Submitted July 01, 2019 at 12:14AM

So I recently matched with a girl online that I actually know and i've spoken with in person once at a festival. We had a nice 15 minute long conversation. This was 8 months ago. (She was taken at the time so I didn't make a move back then).​Now that we've been texting, she seems to have a very busy schedule and has cancelled 2 dates I tried to arrange so far within one week. This saturday and this sunday (today) .​We have been matched since last sunday and have been talking for exactly 1 week. Yesterday, she canceled because she said her car was in the shop and she didn't know how long it would take so she asked if we could move it to today to be safe (even though I offered to drive us both previously).​So today when I followed up with her before the date, she didn't respond to the text I sent 6 hours ago that was asking if she was still available to go out tonight. normally she responds within an hour, 2 hours max on one occasion. But something must seriously be up today..​At what point should I stop trying to pursue her?​I've been putting in 100% of the work. I haven't texted her every single day so I don't seem clingy or obsessive. I just genuinely wanted to get to know her and hopefully start a nice relationship. Shes 26, I'm 23. I'm only interested in her because we have spoken before, we have multiple things in common, and we have a mutual interest/hobby.​I don't have much dating experience at all. How concerned should I be here?​If this isn't the right place to ask for advice on this, please direct me to the correct subreddit. Thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.