I [m 30] broke up with my gf [f 31] because of herpes [HSV2]

Our first date was on Valentines Day eve and it ended with a first kiss a few mins after midnight. We have been doing alot of things together ever since. We have seen concerts, movies, watched shows, gone on hikes, white water rafting and even an amazing road camping trip through the Rockies over memorial day weekend.

On our third date she told me about her condition and I took my time reconciling the issue. I have since talked to a sex therapist and a dermatologist about it and the risk. It shoulds that the experts are quite certain that as long as she takes antivirals and I always wear protection, that I will not contract the virus.

I took my time and we were doing having fun doing stuff besides sex. But it got to the point that this weekend we just concluded that it was over.

I feel like I am making a mistake. Her and I connect in such a natural way and it took along time to find someone like her in the first place. I truelly still have feelings for her and could see it going the distance but I have been allowing fear of getting an incurrable STD prevent me from being happy.

It's not too late to fix it but I would have to get over that fear/uncertainty. The hardest part is if I went for it and somehow got herpies from her and we ended up breaking up. Then I would have to tell any future partner about my condition.

Do you think I made the wrong choice? Could use some feedback.

TL;DR I broke up with my girlfriend because of herpes.



Submitted June 24, 2019 at 12:15AM

Our first date was on Valentines Day eve and it ended with a first kiss a few mins after midnight. We have been doing alot of things together ever since. We have seen concerts, movies, watched shows, gone on hikes, white water rafting and even an amazing road camping trip through the Rockies over memorial day weekend.On our third date she told me about her condition and I took my time reconciling the issue. I have since talked to a sex therapist and a dermatologist about it and the risk. It shoulds that the experts are quite certain that as long as she takes antivirals and I always wear protection, that I will not contract the virus.I took my time and we were doing having fun doing stuff besides sex. But it got to the point that this weekend we just concluded that it was over.I feel like I am making a mistake. Her and I connect in such a natural way and it took along time to find someone like her in the first place. I truelly still have feelings for her and could see it going the distance but I have been allowing fear of getting an incurrable STD prevent me from being happy.It's not too late to fix it but I would have to get over that fear/uncertainty. The hardest part is if I went for it and somehow got herpies from her and we ended up breaking up. Then I would have to tell any future partner about my condition.Do you think I made the wrong choice? Could use some feedback.TL;DR I broke up with my girlfriend because of herpes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.