/u/kaaskopje4ca on Positive sexual feelings versus positive physical feelings?

I can't organically fantasize about someone- I can try really hard to imagine myself and someone else in a sexual situation, but after a couple of moments the details fade away and the mental image becomes closer to watching a blurry sex scene on small scene, I can see the basic positions and motions but the details are gone, its not me anymore, its a stranger. The movements are pulled from things I've seen in movies or in real life. And it's awkward, I don't do that for fun in my free time.

I can see in my mind's eye memories of having done sexual activities from when I wasn't sure of my sexuality and experimenting, but it's not at all sexy, its a memory, like remembering a normal conversation.

I wouldn't just imagine a sexual fantasy without some kind of prompting, my mind doesn't drift in that direction naturally. I'm much more likely to imagine cuddling with someone I'm romantically interested in, maybe kissing or other intimate but not necessarily sexual things.

Asexuality has never been the physical lack of something, whether that's the lack of arousal or ability to mentally visualize something. We are capable of those things, we just don't, for whatever reason. And this is, of course, a generalization, I'm sure there are people who would disagree with me.





April 17, 2019 at 05:30AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.