/u/CheCheDaWaff on Positive sexual feelings versus positive physical feelings?

I feel others have answered your questions directly, but I'll add to that a more general principle that perhaps you'll find enlightening. (Naturally I can only speak to my own experience though.)

For me, sex is a little bit like knitting. I know knitting exists, and some facts about it. When people bring it up I can talk a little about it. Sometimes, it even comes to mind on its own: perhaps I see some yarn or something.

However, imagine if other people saw knitting in a really different way. They see a celebrity on TV, and because of that celebrity's body and gender, they fantasise about knitting with them. It's not so much that I can't imagine knitting, or that it's impossible to fantasise about knitting, it's more like 'why?'. When you think of someone, why would your mind ever go to knitting, of all places?

Honestly, the easiest explanation for something like that is that it's just one of those jokes you don't find very funny. Discovering you're asexual can be a lot like realising that the knitting-thing isn't a joke, people really do have (for lack of a better word) an obsession with knitting that you'll never truly understand.





April 17, 2019 at 06:09AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.