“It’s your area, babe”

Hello!

I am 32F and have been single on and off for the past 2 years. In a recent conversation with a friend, she suggested that the reason I was single was the area in which I live now.

On the one hand she maybe has a point, many of the men I match with work in the oil and gas field and I work in the furthest thing away from that!! Both my previous LTR were with men who work in the oil and gas field, never saw this as a problem before I have to admit! But I dunno... I feel her comment was perhaps a bit mean spirited? I refuse to believe that because I live in a certain area of Scotland I have cursed myself to remain single!

I just want to know if any of you have been in a similar situation as me where friends or family advise you that your post code/address is holding you back from finding love? And if they did, did you go on to find love despite this? I feel hopeful that I will find my match and share my life with someone worthy of my time but it’s hard to remain optimistic when people subtly tell you there’s not a hope in hell!

Thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you in advance from a member of the lonely hearts club xoxo



Submitted October 30, 2020 at 10:05PM

Hello!I am 32F and have been single on and off for the past 2 years. In a recent conversation with a friend, she suggested that the reason I was single was the area in which I live now.On the one hand she maybe has a point, many of the men I match with work in the oil and gas field and I work in the furthest thing away from that!! Both my previous LTR were with men who work in the oil and gas field, never saw this as a problem before I have to admit! But I dunno... I feel her comment was perhaps a bit mean spirited? I refuse to believe that because I live in a certain area of Scotland I have cursed myself to remain single!I just want to know if any of you have been in a similar situation as me where friends or family advise you that your post code/address is holding you back from finding love? And if they did, did you go on to find love despite this? I feel hopeful that I will find my match and share my life with someone worthy of my time but it’s hard to remain optimistic when people subtly tell you there’s not a hope in hell!Thoughts would be appreciated! Thank you in advance from a member of the lonely hearts club xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.