Flaky dates with OLD?

Hi all,

29 y/o M here. Recently I've been trying online dating due to circumstances outside of my control (COVID making it hard to meet new people and work moving me every few months).

I've had more than one occasion where a girl that I'm seeing happens to flake out on a date a few hours before it happens.

In one situation I had arranged a phone date with a girl I met on Tinder early in the week. Picked a time and date on Friday and she gave me her number. We kept texting daily over the course of the week like normal.

Then on Friday afternoon a few hours prior to our phone date I asked if we were still on. Apparently she made other plans because she didn't hear from me regarding the date again and assumed it wasn't happening.

Should I be confirming dates with girls frequently?

It feels really bizarre to me that people would assume a date isn't happening because they haven't heard it brought up again instead of just asking the other person.



Submitted October 30, 2020 at 11:18PM

Hi all,29 y/o M here. Recently I've been trying online dating due to circumstances outside of my control (COVID making it hard to meet new people and work moving me every few months).I've had more than one occasion where a girl that I'm seeing happens to flake out on a date a few hours before it happens.In one situation I had arranged a phone date with a girl I met on Tinder early in the week. Picked a time and date on Friday and she gave me her number. We kept texting daily over the course of the week like normal.Then on Friday afternoon a few hours prior to our phone date I asked if we were still on. Apparently she made other plans because she didn't hear from me regarding the date again and assumed it wasn't happening.Should I be confirming dates with girls frequently?It feels really bizarre to me that people would assume a date isn't happening because they haven't heard it brought up again instead of just asking the other person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.