UPDATE: Letting Men Pay?

Hey everyone. Thanks for the advice in my first post.

Original Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/dating_advice/comments/gsjjba/letting_men_pay/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I wanna start by saying that my date went really well! I was pretty nervous since it was my first time doing this, but all I can say is thank goodness for alcohol lol. He was really sweet and very accommodating of my nerves and we had a really nice meal and conversation.

I actually brought up the topic of paying for the date and what his thoughts were. I even showed him this thread haha. His opinion was that he really liked getting to pay for his date because it made him feel confident and likes to spoil his date. He said in his experience his dates have either not let him pay in full or have expected him to do it. He said his ideal is the woman being capable and willing to pay for herself but happy to let him cover it, which in turn makes him happy. I let him pay for dinner like he wanted but I secretly bought him a cocktail at the bar we went to afterwards.

So yeah just wanted to update and give his perspective after the date. I think it's different for every guy but maybe the best way to do things is to discuss payment with your date before the awkward moment when it's actually time to pay?

Here's hoping I get to see him again!



Submitted May 30, 2020 at 11:46PM

Hey everyone. Thanks for the advice in my first post.Original Post: https://ift.tt/2MdOkrV wanna start by saying that my date went really well! I was pretty nervous since it was my first time doing this, but all I can say is thank goodness for alcohol lol. He was really sweet and very accommodating of my nerves and we had a really nice meal and conversation.I actually brought up the topic of paying for the date and what his thoughts were. I even showed him this thread haha. His opinion was that he really liked getting to pay for his date because it made him feel confident and likes to spoil his date. He said in his experience his dates have either not let him pay in full or have expected him to do it. He said his ideal is the woman being capable and willing to pay for herself but happy to let him cover it, which in turn makes him happy. I let him pay for dinner like he wanted but I secretly bought him a cocktail at the bar we went to afterwards.So yeah just wanted to update and give his perspective after the date. I think it's different for every guy but maybe the best way to do things is to discuss payment with your date before the awkward moment when it's actually time to pay?Here's hoping I get to see him again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.