Me [20, M] being bored with relationship with my [19, F] girlfriend of 2.5 years during pandemics.

Hello! I am writing this post because I feel exhausted by "status quo" in my relationship due to pandemics.

My problem is routine. We see each other about 3-4 times a week, and we do almost the same stuff - talking and watching movies, going for a brief walks. I am afraid that our future life would look like this and this exhausts me. I have absolutely boring life now, nothing happens, I study, sleep, play video games and that's it. I think, that I might have OCD, my symptoms are the same as my mother's and she is diagnosed with it.

Another important thing - soon my girlfriend is going to have final exams before going to the university. She is totally stressed out and focused on it. I am really struggling because I try my best to motivate her etc, but I lack affection for most of the time as she cant think about anything else but her exams. I dont blame her to be clear, but I am feeling lonely a bit now. Our sex life got worse, we have sex once a week, but its because she is having rough time now.

With that being said - my mind is probably a tricky one, because I obsessively think about my relationship. The thougts are mainly "Do I love her?", "Would I be happier with someone else?", "Will we be happy in the future?" "Won't I hurt her in the future?". And tho I deep down know she is the purest little thing and when I imagine her in my head I smile rapidly. One time I am sure I love her, and the other I feel nothing, like my mind was trying to block any feelings towards her.

Besides our current problems, we have pretty much healthy relationship - when she is in trouble I always feel a strong need to help her, and take care of her and vice versa; she takes care of me too, we laugh a lot and can talk about anything, before quarantine I was more than happy to imagine our future together now I can feel harmony and peace at best.

When I am with her I am sure I love her, when I am alone obsessive thoughts come to my mind and its more than exhausting.

If someone asked me if I want to build a long-term relationship with her I would say yes of course, I am really commited and willing to make this bond stronger and stronger, but now I feel completely lost of the track. Also, when I imagine I could not love her I get very, very anxious, because I would not want that at all.

My main questions are: is it possible I am having some personal issues? Can it be boredom in a relationship? Might it be ROCD? Is it fixable? (I really hope it is)

As always, thank you in advance!

PS. I think the other factor in this case might by ending of honeymoon phase for me, which messes with my head.


tl;dr: struggling with routine in a relationship, having obssesive thoughts and strong anxiety



Submitted May 31, 2020 at 12:15AM

Hello! I am writing this post because I feel exhausted by "status quo" in my relationship due to pandemics.My problem is routine. We see each other about 3-4 times a week, and we do almost the same stuff - talking and watching movies, going for a brief walks. I am afraid that our future life would look like this and this exhausts me. I have absolutely boring life now, nothing happens, I study, sleep, play video games and that's it. I think, that I might have OCD, my symptoms are the same as my mother's and she is diagnosed with it.Another important thing - soon my girlfriend is going to have final exams before going to the university. She is totally stressed out and focused on it. I am really struggling because I try my best to motivate her etc, but I lack affection for most of the time as she cant think about anything else but her exams. I dont blame her to be clear, but I am feeling lonely a bit now. Our sex life got worse, we have sex once a week, but its because she is having rough time now.With that being said - my mind is probably a tricky one, because I obsessively think about my relationship. The thougts are mainly "Do I love her?", "Would I be happier with someone else?", "Will we be happy in the future?" "Won't I hurt her in the future?". And tho I deep down know she is the purest little thing and when I imagine her in my head I smile rapidly. One time I am sure I love her, and the other I feel nothing, like my mind was trying to block any feelings towards her.Besides our current problems, we have pretty much healthy relationship - when she is in trouble I always feel a strong need to help her, and take care of her and vice versa; she takes care of me too, we laugh a lot and can talk about anything, before quarantine I was more than happy to imagine our future together now I can feel harmony and peace at best.When I am with her I am sure I love her, when I am alone obsessive thoughts come to my mind and its more than exhausting.If someone asked me if I want to build a long-term relationship with her I would say yes of course, I am really commited and willing to make this bond stronger and stronger, but now I feel completely lost of the track. Also, when I imagine I could not love her I get very, very anxious, because I would not want that at all.My main questions are: is it possible I am having some personal issues? Can it be boredom in a relationship? Might it be ROCD? Is it fixable? (I really hope it is)As always, thank you in advance!PS. I think the other factor in this case might by ending of honeymoon phase for me, which messes with my head.tl;dr: struggling with routine in a relationship, having obssesive thoughts and strong anxiety

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.