Is it reasonable for my [M26] girlfriend [F25] of 6 months to have guy friends sleep over?

As the title, my girlfriend has a male friend. They are old friends, known each other about 5 years from what I can gather. The guy seems a bit nerdy and I doubt she finds him attractive or anything.

He lives about 30 minutes travel away and when he comes to visit my girlfriend and her friends, kind of rotates staying at their houses. My girlfriend has a spare bedroom in her apartment and lets him crash there if they have a night out. I typically don't go out with them, but she is always certain to make sure I feel invited.

When this first happened, my girlfriend specifically asked if it was ok if he slept over, I said sure. I didn't really think much of it. She had never given me any reason not to trust her and this apparently was the norm before we dated.

But the guy continues to kind of invite himself to sleep at her house, and while I have no 'concrete evidence' I wouldn't really be shocked if he was interested in her. I don't want to be jealous or controlling, so I've never stopped it.

Am I being naive here?

tl;dr, girlfriends guy-friend invites himself to crash at her house.



Submitted March 13, 2020 at 11:41PM

As the title, my girlfriend has a male friend. They are old friends, known each other about 5 years from what I can gather. The guy seems a bit nerdy and I doubt she finds him attractive or anything.He lives about 30 minutes travel away and when he comes to visit my girlfriend and her friends, kind of rotates staying at their houses. My girlfriend has a spare bedroom in her apartment and lets him crash there if they have a night out. I typically don't go out with them, but she is always certain to make sure I feel invited.When this first happened, my girlfriend specifically asked if it was ok if he slept over, I said sure. I didn't really think much of it. She had never given me any reason not to trust her and this apparently was the norm before we dated.But the guy continues to kind of invite himself to sleep at her house, and while I have no 'concrete evidence' I wouldn't really be shocked if he was interested in her. I don't want to be jealous or controlling, so I've never stopped it.Am I being naive here?​tl;dr, girlfriends guy-friend invites himself to crash at her house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.