What was in that present?!

Okay, this is ridiculous. But it's bothering me and it will bother you too.

I got out of a long term relationship and got on the dating sites and met a guy who I started seeing in August. I knew he was a bit flaky because he's moved about 20 times and has lived all across the country, but I did that clever thing where I believed him when he said he was "here to stay".

Anyhoo a few months into dating, on my birthday, he admitted he was moving 200 miles away the following week. Fair enough, I knew it was coming. I left sharpish and left his Christmas present there. (Tea pot and posh tea bags, for the curious.)

The next day he texted me to say he understood and I forgot the present he bought me but he'd drop it round while I was away. I went 2000 miles away with my family for the following week to celebrate Xmas but there was no such present when I got home. I wasn't very much over the guy so I didn't text him.

He texted at midnight on NYE but my friends advised me not to reply, so I didn't... until noon the next day. But I played it cool and didn't make use of any question marks.

DoT, please help me. I texted him again tonight, just asking how the move was. He replied, asked about me...

And I asked him what was in the mythical present...

And he hasn't replied.

DoT, what was it, for fuck's sake? Did it actually exist in reality? I can get over the ex, but this is killing me. Was it chocolate? Was it a watch? Was it made up???



Submitted January 04, 2020 at 12:07AM

Okay, this is ridiculous. But it's bothering me and it will bother you too.I got out of a long term relationship and got on the dating sites and met a guy who I started seeing in August. I knew he was a bit flaky because he's moved about 20 times and has lived all across the country, but I did that clever thing where I believed him when he said he was "here to stay".Anyhoo a few months into dating, on my birthday, he admitted he was moving 200 miles away the following week. Fair enough, I knew it was coming. I left sharpish and left his Christmas present there. (Tea pot and posh tea bags, for the curious.)The next day he texted me to say he understood and I forgot the present he bought me but he'd drop it round while I was away. I went 2000 miles away with my family for the following week to celebrate Xmas but there was no such present when I got home. I wasn't very much over the guy so I didn't text him.He texted at midnight on NYE but my friends advised me not to reply, so I didn't... until noon the next day. But I played it cool and didn't make use of any question marks.DoT, please help me. I texted him again tonight, just asking how the move was. He replied, asked about me...And I asked him what was in the mythical present...And he hasn't replied.DoT, what was it, for fuck's sake? Did it actually exist in reality? I can get over the ex, but this is killing me. Was it chocolate? Was it a watch? Was it made up???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.