I [22M] told my ex gf [21F] that I felt it was best we did not talk and she got mad

TL;DR at the bottom

My ex and I were together for just over 5 years. She dumped me about 5 months ago.

During this 5 months I have chased her a lot and would fail to give her space when she asked. I wanted her back and still do very badly.

My ex told me over Thanksgiving that she needed to see me in person to know if we should get back together. I agreed to meet and we hung out and had a great time and kissed at the end of the night but then she told me she did not want to get back together. She continued to talk to me the rest of the Thanksgiving break and we hung out two more times, one of which she reveled that she had very conflicting feelings on what she wanted but she was also drunk. We ended up hooking up that night.

After the break was over she went back to school and again asked for space. I broke no contact a week later but we talked and she was mad but then we ended the phone call on good terms.

Christmas time rolls around and I havent spoken with her since, she text me a merry Christmas text then continues that conversation for a few days. She tells me she still feels she made the right choice but that she needed to see what else was out there and if we are meant to be she will know forsure.

I eventually ended the conversation which was mostly just causal talk and joking. Two days later she text me again about an art piece she has seen that she thinks I would like. At this point I dont understand why she is talking to me because we have agreed we cant be friends and she still doesnt want to get back together.

So I tell her that, as much as I love talking to her I feel it is best for my healing if we do not talk. She immediately says "ok, good bye!" And that's that.

Well me being weak and so in love I immediately regret doing this and I have a really bad 3 days in a row. On the third day I text her saying I rushed into saying what I said and it was a mistake, that I didnt consider what she felt was best and that I didnt think through what was best for me. I said I felt I could be healthier for us to set up boundaries that are best for both of us.

To this she tells me I should have thought about this before I said anything to her at all. She said that after I said she no longer felt any desire to reach out to me anymore. She also said she got my message loud and clear which I'm not sure which message she means. But to me she appeared to be very mad me doing it. After she told me she didn't want to respond she ignored me from there on out.

Anyway my question is why would this make her mad? Is she just playing games with me or trying to win the breakup? I also wonder why she would contact me in the first place.

TL;DR: told me ex gf who dumped me that I felt it was best we did not talk to each other after she reached out to me for causal conversation, and she got mad, why did she get mad?



Submitted January 04, 2020 at 12:03AM

TL;DR at the bottomMy ex and I were together for just over 5 years. She dumped me about 5 months ago.During this 5 months I have chased her a lot and would fail to give her space when she asked. I wanted her back and still do very badly.My ex told me over Thanksgiving that she needed to see me in person to know if we should get back together. I agreed to meet and we hung out and had a great time and kissed at the end of the night but then she told me she did not want to get back together. She continued to talk to me the rest of the Thanksgiving break and we hung out two more times, one of which she reveled that she had very conflicting feelings on what she wanted but she was also drunk. We ended up hooking up that night.After the break was over she went back to school and again asked for space. I broke no contact a week later but we talked and she was mad but then we ended the phone call on good terms.Christmas time rolls around and I havent spoken with her since, she text me a merry Christmas text then continues that conversation for a few days. She tells me she still feels she made the right choice but that she needed to see what else was out there and if we are meant to be she will know forsure.I eventually ended the conversation which was mostly just causal talk and joking. Two days later she text me again about an art piece she has seen that she thinks I would like. At this point I dont understand why she is talking to me because we have agreed we cant be friends and she still doesnt want to get back together.So I tell her that, as much as I love talking to her I feel it is best for my healing if we do not talk. She immediately says "ok, good bye!" And that's that.Well me being weak and so in love I immediately regret doing this and I have a really bad 3 days in a row. On the third day I text her saying I rushed into saying what I said and it was a mistake, that I didnt consider what she felt was best and that I didnt think through what was best for me. I said I felt I could be healthier for us to set up boundaries that are best for both of us.To this she tells me I should have thought about this before I said anything to her at all. She said that after I said she no longer felt any desire to reach out to me anymore. She also said she got my message loud and clear which I'm not sure which message she means. But to me she appeared to be very mad me doing it. After she told me she didn't want to respond she ignored me from there on out.Anyway my question is why would this make her mad? Is she just playing games with me or trying to win the breakup? I also wonder why she would contact me in the first place.TL;DR: told me ex gf who dumped me that I felt it was best we did not talk to each other after she reached out to me for causal conversation, and she got mad, why did she get mad?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.