My (16f) boyfriend (16m) came out to me

My boyfriend and I have quite recently got together after being quite close friends since the beginning of the school year. I’d noticed that he seemed a bit quiet, and I’ve tried to ask him gently a few times if everything was alright but he kind of just brushed it off until today.

We were having a conversation and he mentioned that he’s been quite confused as of late, and I obviously got a little nervous as I didn’t know what he was referring to. Then he told me he’d been questioning his sexuality, before telling me that he thought he was bisexual. I support him fully, obviously, and I tried to let him know that.

The problem is that I’m straight (at least as far as I’ve figured out) and I can only imagine how tough it would be to come out as bi as a sixteen year old boy. He expressed some concerns about coming out to a few of our friends, who can seem a bit ignorant at times. I tried to reassure him and told him that there was no pressure and that he didn’t have to tell anyone anything if he didn’t feel comfortable, but that I was really grateful that he shared this with me, and that I didn’t see him differently at all.

If anyone has any advice on how to support him in the best way possible it would be greatly appreciated!

Tl;dr: My teenage boyfriend came out to me as bisexual and I want to support him as best as I can but I can only sympathize with his position.



Submitted January 26, 2020 at 12:16AM

My boyfriend and I have quite recently got together after being quite close friends since the beginning of the school year. I’d noticed that he seemed a bit quiet, and I’ve tried to ask him gently a few times if everything was alright but he kind of just brushed it off until today.We were having a conversation and he mentioned that he’s been quite confused as of late, and I obviously got a little nervous as I didn’t know what he was referring to. Then he told me he’d been questioning his sexuality, before telling me that he thought he was bisexual. I support him fully, obviously, and I tried to let him know that.The problem is that I’m straight (at least as far as I’ve figured out) and I can only imagine how tough it would be to come out as bi as a sixteen year old boy. He expressed some concerns about coming out to a few of our friends, who can seem a bit ignorant at times. I tried to reassure him and told him that there was no pressure and that he didn’t have to tell anyone anything if he didn’t feel comfortable, but that I was really grateful that he shared this with me, and that I didn’t see him differently at all.If anyone has any advice on how to support him in the best way possible it would be greatly appreciated!Tl;dr: My teenage boyfriend came out to me as bisexual and I want to support him as best as I can but I can only sympathize with his position.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.