I love my husband (28M) of 7 years, but I feel more and more trapped everyday...

I don’t know what to do. I’ve felt this before in our marriage, so much so that I almost left it when we were in year 3. My husband and I have been together seen we were in high school, we got married young and I remember thinking ON MY WEDDING DAY that I didn’t want this. Unfortunately I disregarded this thought and didn’t listen to it.

Now I’m in this relationship, which for all intents and purposes is a great relationship. My husband is very caring and loving. We have awesome family ties on each side, we live in a great home in a wonderful area and have the best of friends. Which is causing me to feel so ungrateful for this life we’ve built.

But for some reason after all of these blessings I still find myself internally screaming and wanting out. It hurts a lot. And I keep it all to myself because knowing this would CRUSH my husband, especially since I tried leaving before.

I guess I’m just looking for some advice or reassurance from someone else who has been there. I’ve gone to counseling, I’ve followed my own path and achieved personal goals, I’ve tried investing every bit of me into my marriage, but none of it has made me happy. What do I do?



Submitted December 24, 2019 at 11:45PM

I don’t know what to do. I’ve felt this before in our marriage, so much so that I almost left it when we were in year 3. My husband and I have been together seen we were in high school, we got married young and I remember thinking ON MY WEDDING DAY that I didn’t want this. Unfortunately I disregarded this thought and didn’t listen to it.Now I’m in this relationship, which for all intents and purposes is a great relationship. My husband is very caring and loving. We have awesome family ties on each side, we live in a great home in a wonderful area and have the best of friends. Which is causing me to feel so ungrateful for this life we’ve built.But for some reason after all of these blessings I still find myself internally screaming and wanting out. It hurts a lot. And I keep it all to myself because knowing this would CRUSH my husband, especially since I tried leaving before.I guess I’m just looking for some advice or reassurance from someone else who has been there. I’ve gone to counseling, I’ve followed my own path and achieved personal goals, I’ve tried investing every bit of me into my marriage, but none of it has made me happy. What do I do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.