I (18nb) get unwarranted anxiety visiting bf (18m) of 1.5 years

So my boyfriend (18M) and I (18) have been in this relationship for over a year and a half now! Long distance means we don't get to spend a lot of IRL time together, so we see each other once every few months or so and spend most of our time apart video-chatting or playing games online together. As far as I can tell we're both happy in the relationship and try our best to be open in our communication, most of our conversations center around how we can't wait to see each other again haha.

However, whenever we do manage to meet up, I usually spend the first hour or two together anxious as all hell. I'll feel sick to my stomach or like I want to cry, just a very depressive heavy feeling that puts a real dampener on everything until my mood lifts and I can function again, for lack of better wording. While I'm like this the idea of being romantic at all just makes everything feel worse, to the point where I feel guilty holding hands.

Is this a normal thing to be experiencing/has anyone else experienced it, and if so is there any way to try and fix it? I'd love to be able to greet him and be genuinely happy when I first see him.

TLDR: I get a lot of unwarranted anxiety visiting my boyfriend, any suggestions on how to alleviate it?



Submitted December 25, 2019 at 12:14AM

So my boyfriend (18M) and I (18) have been in this relationship for over a year and a half now! Long distance means we don't get to spend a lot of IRL time together, so we see each other once every few months or so and spend most of our time apart video-chatting or playing games online together. As far as I can tell we're both happy in the relationship and try our best to be open in our communication, most of our conversations center around how we can't wait to see each other again haha.However, whenever we do manage to meet up, I usually spend the first hour or two together anxious as all hell. I'll feel sick to my stomach or like I want to cry, just a very depressive heavy feeling that puts a real dampener on everything until my mood lifts and I can function again, for lack of better wording. While I'm like this the idea of being romantic at all just makes everything feel worse, to the point where I feel guilty holding hands.Is this a normal thing to be experiencing/has anyone else experienced it, and if so is there any way to try and fix it? I'd love to be able to greet him and be genuinely happy when I first see him.TLDR: I get a lot of unwarranted anxiety visiting my boyfriend, any suggestions on how to alleviate it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.