Am I wrong for thinking my gf cheated?

I'll try to make this as clear and objective as possible. Basically I [22M] met a girl [20F] on Tinder and we were FWBs for a few months and then she asked me to be her boyfriend (I said yes) and we dated officially/exclusively for about 6 months from that point forward. Ultimately our relationship ended when she went to Europe for 2 months (the last 2 months of our relationship) and told me she wanted to be single. She had been honest about everything (to my knowledge) during our relationship, but there were several factors that made me think she was cheating when she was in Europe.

The factors were the following:
• During our relationship, she grinded on a guy at a concert while drunk (she called me while she was still drunk to tell me and was laughing the whole call). I should mention that she laughs when she is nervous or telling the truth (to my knowledge)
• She did not have much experience with guys before me (just one previous short relationship and one FWB basically) and she was a virgin before she met me. She also virtually never went to parties in the US. She was going out to bars/clubs several times a week while in Europe where she, in theory, could get away with cheating without being caught (an incentive)
• When I asked her if she was cheating via video call, she initially said no, then I phrased it slightly differently and she said "define cheating" while looking down and smiling. Most people would describe this look as a "guilty" expression. Now keep in mind, she is a fairly shy person so maybe it was her shyness. I don't know
• She never loved me (never said it, and would avoid saying it when the subject came up because she felt she wasn't ready, which is understandable and I didn't pressure her into loving me, but it hurt because I loved her)
• She changed her mind 5 times about being in a relationship with me (initially said she never wanted to be more than friends, then asked me to be her bf, then wanted a break, then I asked if she wanted a break and she said no, then we broke up)
• During our breakup video chat, she groaned the words "ughhh I just want to be single" and said she "wanted to explore."

Now, when she came back to the US and we met up to talk (we had been broken up for 2ish weeks at this point), I asked her once more in person if she cheated and she firmly said no several times. I was pacing around my house for those 2 weeks until she came back and going insane over the whole matter.

TLDR: So am I the asshole for thinking my girlfriend (now ex) cheated when she gave me a few signs?



Submitted December 25, 2019 at 12:28AM

I'll try to make this as clear and objective as possible. Basically I [22M] met a girl [20F] on Tinder and we were FWBs for a few months and then she asked me to be her boyfriend (I said yes) and we dated officially/exclusively for about 6 months from that point forward. Ultimately our relationship ended when she went to Europe for 2 months (the last 2 months of our relationship) and told me she wanted to be single. She had been honest about everything (to my knowledge) during our relationship, but there were several factors that made me think she was cheating when she was in Europe.The factors were the following:• During our relationship, she grinded on a guy at a concert while drunk (she called me while she was still drunk to tell me and was laughing the whole call). I should mention that she laughs when she is nervous or telling the truth (to my knowledge)• She did not have much experience with guys before me (just one previous short relationship and one FWB basically) and she was a virgin before she met me. She also virtually never went to parties in the US. She was going out to bars/clubs several times a week while in Europe where she, in theory, could get away with cheating without being caught (an incentive)• When I asked her if she was cheating via video call, she initially said no, then I phrased it slightly differently and she said "define cheating" while looking down and smiling. Most people would describe this look as a "guilty" expression. Now keep in mind, she is a fairly shy person so maybe it was her shyness. I don't know• She never loved me (never said it, and would avoid saying it when the subject came up because she felt she wasn't ready, which is understandable and I didn't pressure her into loving me, but it hurt because I loved her)• She changed her mind 5 times about being in a relationship with me (initially said she never wanted to be more than friends, then asked me to be her bf, then wanted a break, then I asked if she wanted a break and she said no, then we broke up)• During our breakup video chat, she groaned the words "ughhh I just want to be single" and said she "wanted to explore."Now, when she came back to the US and we met up to talk (we had been broken up for 2ish weeks at this point), I asked her once more in person if she cheated and she firmly said no several times. I was pacing around my house for those 2 weeks until she came back and going insane over the whole matter.TLDR: So am I the asshole for thinking my girlfriend (now ex) cheated when she gave me a few signs?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.