My (22m) bipolar gf (21f) is pushing me away, what should I do?

Hello all,

I love my girlfriend and we have been together for 4 months now. We are in a long distance relation for the time being, with a relatively sound plan to close the distance in a year.

She said to me that she suffers from bipolar disorder 2 months ago, a day in which she was acting super distant and I asked her what’s wrong.

Anyway, she is often really loving. But one time I went to her hometown to see her, I felt really unwelcomed after a few days. Especially this one day I was waiting for her to get back home, I tried to kiss her and she said she needs some space. I honestly felt she wasn’t in for it anymore, but things went back to normal after a while and we had some great moments after it.

Additionally, sometimes I feel like I annoy her when I text her. I’m quite a cheesy person, so I just express my love and expect something in return, yet she just says that stuff like “yeah, I’m not super cheesy atm” or so.

I tried to talk to her. But she says this is just how she is.

Am I fighting a lost cause? What should I do?

Thank you

Tldr; my girlfriend is bipolar and sometimes I feel like she doesn’t love me, even if I “know” that she actually does. What should I do?



Submitted November 16, 2019 at 12:06AM

Hello all,I love my girlfriend and we have been together for 4 months now. We are in a long distance relation for the time being, with a relatively sound plan to close the distance in a year.She said to me that she suffers from bipolar disorder 2 months ago, a day in which she was acting super distant and I asked her what’s wrong.Anyway, she is often really loving. But one time I went to her hometown to see her, I felt really unwelcomed after a few days. Especially this one day I was waiting for her to get back home, I tried to kiss her and she said she needs some space. I honestly felt she wasn’t in for it anymore, but things went back to normal after a while and we had some great moments after it.Additionally, sometimes I feel like I annoy her when I text her. I’m quite a cheesy person, so I just express my love and expect something in return, yet she just says that stuff like “yeah, I’m not super cheesy atm” or so.I tried to talk to her. But she says this is just how she is.Am I fighting a lost cause? What should I do?Thank youTldr; my girlfriend is bipolar and sometimes I feel like she doesn’t love me, even if I “know” that she actually does. What should I do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.