How would you feel if your girlfriend told you she used to be a sugar baby?

I’m 25 years old and I am in a relationship of about 2 months, and I am coming here seeking others’ perspective on the matter.

The man I am dating is truly a gem, and I am intent on keeping him. However, I feel as though I really need to tell him that I used to be a sugar baby, because in a relationship I really need to feel 100% accepted for the most important things about myself, and I know that there is a lot of stigma surrounding sugar dating, and I do not want to strip my boyfriend of his personal autonomy by not giving him the choice to choose whether to stay with me or not, given my past.

I was a sugar baby from the time I was 18 to 24, and I do not regret it. My sugar daddy was 30 when I first met him, and we remain good friends. I kept a job as a waitress for the first year of sugaring because I didn’t want to rely entirely on sugaring, but I decided to quit not only because my sugar daddy wanted to see me more often, but because he was giving me so much money. He was giving me $10,000 a month. During our arrangement, we truly did have deep feelings for each other, which is why we stayed together for 6 years, and about 4 months in I started to develop feelings for him, so I asked if we could have a real relationship and he agreed. He introduced me to his family and friends as his girlfriend, I introduced him to my family as my boyfriend, we told each other that we loved one another (I really did love him), he saved my number in his phone under the name “baby,” and vice versa, we confided in each other our feelings and secrets, we took long vacations together, and yes, we had sex, lots of it, but for me it was a truly emotional experience and we bonded a lot through it. We did not have sex the first time we met, we both wanted to know more about each other before we progressed to that aspect of the arrangement.

I attended Harvard College and received my Bachelor’s degree in economics, and he covered my entire tuition, so I am debt- free. He bought a new car for me, and taught me priceless information about businesses and provided me with the necessary connections to start my own, which I did myself.

Assuming that we both have feelings for each other, are attracted to one other and are already in an early romantic relationship, would you still date me considering the given information?

Would you view me differently? How should I tell my boyfriend about this?

tl;dr I used to be in a sugar baby-sugar daddy arrangement although it was more of a real relationship, wondering how I should tell my boyfriend and how he would react/feel



Submitted November 16, 2019 at 12:11AM

I’m 25 years old and I am in a relationship of about 2 months, and I am coming here seeking others’ perspective on the matter.The man I am dating is truly a gem, and I am intent on keeping him. However, I feel as though I really need to tell him that I used to be a sugar baby, because in a relationship I really need to feel 100% accepted for the most important things about myself, and I know that there is a lot of stigma surrounding sugar dating, and I do not want to strip my boyfriend of his personal autonomy by not giving him the choice to choose whether to stay with me or not, given my past.I was a sugar baby from the time I was 18 to 24, and I do not regret it. My sugar daddy was 30 when I first met him, and we remain good friends. I kept a job as a waitress for the first year of sugaring because I didn’t want to rely entirely on sugaring, but I decided to quit not only because my sugar daddy wanted to see me more often, but because he was giving me so much money. He was giving me $10,000 a month. During our arrangement, we truly did have deep feelings for each other, which is why we stayed together for 6 years, and about 4 months in I started to develop feelings for him, so I asked if we could have a real relationship and he agreed. He introduced me to his family and friends as his girlfriend, I introduced him to my family as my boyfriend, we told each other that we loved one another (I really did love him), he saved my number in his phone under the name “baby,” and vice versa, we confided in each other our feelings and secrets, we took long vacations together, and yes, we had sex, lots of it, but for me it was a truly emotional experience and we bonded a lot through it. We did not have sex the first time we met, we both wanted to know more about each other before we progressed to that aspect of the arrangement.I attended Harvard College and received my Bachelor’s degree in economics, and he covered my entire tuition, so I am debt- free. He bought a new car for me, and taught me priceless information about businesses and provided me with the necessary connections to start my own, which I did myself.Assuming that we both have feelings for each other, are attracted to one other and are already in an early romantic relationship, would you still date me considering the given information?Would you view me differently? How should I tell my boyfriend about this?tl;dr I used to be in a sugar baby-sugar daddy arrangement although it was more of a real relationship, wondering how I should tell my boyfriend and how he would react/feel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.