GF (26F) left pets alone in our new apartment, dog ruined my (26F) stuff

Throwaway, also on mobile, yada yada.

We’ll call my girlfriend A. A and I moved in together a couple weeks ago after dating for almost 2 years. She has a 100lb dog and a cat. Well behaved, I loved them, and A is typically a responsible and amazing pet owner. The issue I’m posting about is COMPLETELY out of character and I’m so mad I literally don’t know what to do next.

I’m pet sitting for 2 weeks and staying at the persons house, which started last night. A got off work around 6, went home to feed the pets and walk the dog, then went to drink at a friend’s house around 7. She got too drunk and sent me a text at 3AM saying she was staying there - totally fine, obviously that’s better than driving drunk.

My phone didn’t charge over night and my charger wasn’t working this morning, so around 3PM today, I headed back to our place to get a charger and some other things. In the car, my charger miraculously starts working and I can get my phone to turn on, so I call A and tell her I’m headed home. She’s still at her friends house. I’m immediately annoyed because that means the pets have been alone in a new apartment for like 20hrs.

I get home, and the dog has had diarrhea. And I’m not talking just a little. I’m talking ALL OVER the living room, ALL OVER my white bed spread, ALL OVER my black suede shoes I spent a good amount of money on and wear almost every day to work, and all over a bunch of other stuff - all. My. Stuff. None of A’s, from what I could tell.

I call her in a rage, word vomit what happened, tell her I’m cleaning it up and going back to the dog sitting house, then hang up. After taking her dog outside (surprise surprise, she didn’t need to go to the bathroom) and giving the animals food and water, I realize - uh no, I’m not cleaning this up??! So I text A to tell her she needs to get home immediately and clean up and that I’m leaving.

She then calls me several times, all of which I ignore because I’m too angry to talk. I tell her not to text or call me for a while, that I’d talk to her when I was ready. She tells me that she’d been throwing up all day and knew she messed up but that I was treating her like dirt.

Also an important side note - EVERY TIME she hangs out with this friend, they get wasted and 9 times out of 10, A is too hungover to function the next day and our plans are ruined. This is also out of character, as she’s typically not a big drinker. I’m talking 1-2 drinks a week, unless it’s a special occasion or something.

So Reddit - what the fuck do I do? How do I have a conversation about A) all my ruined stuff and then, later, B) how she’s someone totally different with this friend, and I dread them hanging out together because it always ends up causing a fight with us due to her messing up plans because she’s so hungover?

TLDR: girlfriend gets drunk at a friend’s and spends the night, I’m away from home for a couple of weeks, her dog has diarrhea and ruins a lot of my stuff



Submitted September 08, 2019 at 11:54PM

Throwaway, also on mobile, yada yada.We’ll call my girlfriend A. A and I moved in together a couple weeks ago after dating for almost 2 years. She has a 100lb dog and a cat. Well behaved, I loved them, and A is typically a responsible and amazing pet owner. The issue I’m posting about is COMPLETELY out of character and I’m so mad I literally don’t know what to do next.I’m pet sitting for 2 weeks and staying at the persons house, which started last night. A got off work around 6, went home to feed the pets and walk the dog, then went to drink at a friend’s house around 7. She got too drunk and sent me a text at 3AM saying she was staying there - totally fine, obviously that’s better than driving drunk.My phone didn’t charge over night and my charger wasn’t working this morning, so around 3PM today, I headed back to our place to get a charger and some other things. In the car, my charger miraculously starts working and I can get my phone to turn on, so I call A and tell her I’m headed home. She’s still at her friends house. I’m immediately annoyed because that means the pets have been alone in a new apartment for like 20hrs.I get home, and the dog has had diarrhea. And I’m not talking just a little. I’m talking ALL OVER the living room, ALL OVER my white bed spread, ALL OVER my black suede shoes I spent a good amount of money on and wear almost every day to work, and all over a bunch of other stuff - all. My. Stuff. None of A’s, from what I could tell.I call her in a rage, word vomit what happened, tell her I’m cleaning it up and going back to the dog sitting house, then hang up. After taking her dog outside (surprise surprise, she didn’t need to go to the bathroom) and giving the animals food and water, I realize - uh no, I’m not cleaning this up??! So I text A to tell her she needs to get home immediately and clean up and that I’m leaving.She then calls me several times, all of which I ignore because I’m too angry to talk. I tell her not to text or call me for a while, that I’d talk to her when I was ready. She tells me that she’d been throwing up all day and knew she messed up but that I was treating her like dirt.Also an important side note - EVERY TIME she hangs out with this friend, they get wasted and 9 times out of 10, A is too hungover to function the next day and our plans are ruined. This is also out of character, as she’s typically not a big drinker. I’m talking 1-2 drinks a week, unless it’s a special occasion or something.So Reddit - what the fuck do I do? How do I have a conversation about A) all my ruined stuff and then, later, B) how she’s someone totally different with this friend, and I dread them hanging out together because it always ends up causing a fight with us due to her messing up plans because she’s so hungover?TLDR: girlfriend gets drunk at a friend’s and spends the night, I’m away from home for a couple of weeks, her dog has diarrhea and ruins a lot of my stuff

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.