Boyfriend’s best friend

My (26f) boyfriend Aaron (31m) has a loyal business partner and best friend, Jamie, since their college days (33m).

Jamie has started acting very strange toward me and the three of our personalities complicate things further. And I don’t know what I want

Aaron loves me no doubt, but he is emotionally detached and doesn’t know how to properly love a girl, even while he knew he loved me he cheated once physically and numerous way-over-the-line emotionally, combined with passive aggression which he doesn’t consider it a form of aggression.

Jamie has always been there for me and listen to me while things with Aaron happened again and again. Lately Jamie has been making remarks when his drunk such as, “I’ll take care of you”, “wherever I go you’ll come with me and I’ll look after you”, and some illicit jokes (non-sexual). Yesterday a group of friends we were drinking and were on the topics of daddy issues, he suddenly remarked “imagine if I married your mother (all my friends know my mom is single), you’ll have to call me daddy”

He made it as a joke and we laughed, but then he made repeated jokes related to this topic finally a mutual friend to both my boyfriend and Jamie said to Jamie “do you want to be her mom’s daddy or her daddy” the crowd became quite and no one laughed.

Jamie is very loyal to my boyfriend and he has been there to take care of business and get my boyfriend out of hell holes for the past decade, and my boyfriend looks up to Jamie like an older brother and wouldn’t disrespect Jamie by saying anything to embarrass him, but he felt it too last night.

The problem is our relationship is coming to a bottle neck, I love Aaron but the feeling is fading with every bit of passive agression I put up with, I thought of breaking up with him numerous times but I just haven’t been able to do it, emotionally.

I’ve been finding myself drawn to Jamie but I don’t want to hurt Aaron by getting too close to Jamie, and last night Jamie was drunk and in a role play of mimicking the mannerism of a friend of mine, he caressed my cheek and hugged me (full body from behind) for a solid 5 seconds until I noticed everyone was looking (pretending they weren’t) and it became fairly wrong openly, I pulled away. I lust after his touches yet this is so wrong.

I don’t know if I’m looking for advice, maybe just comments, I think I just want to know what people think about this situation

tl;dr my relationship is coming to a breaking point and my boyfriend’s best friend and business partner is showing interest. But it’s going to be hard because they are also business partners



Submitted September 09, 2019 at 12:14AM

My (26f) boyfriend Aaron (31m) has a loyal business partner and best friend, Jamie, since their college days (33m).Jamie has started acting very strange toward me and the three of our personalities complicate things further. And I don’t know what I wantAaron loves me no doubt, but he is emotionally detached and doesn’t know how to properly love a girl, even while he knew he loved me he cheated once physically and numerous way-over-the-line emotionally, combined with passive aggression which he doesn’t consider it a form of aggression.Jamie has always been there for me and listen to me while things with Aaron happened again and again. Lately Jamie has been making remarks when his drunk such as, “I’ll take care of you”, “wherever I go you’ll come with me and I’ll look after you”, and some illicit jokes (non-sexual). Yesterday a group of friends we were drinking and were on the topics of daddy issues, he suddenly remarked “imagine if I married your mother (all my friends know my mom is single), you’ll have to call me daddy”He made it as a joke and we laughed, but then he made repeated jokes related to this topic finally a mutual friend to both my boyfriend and Jamie said to Jamie “do you want to be her mom’s daddy or her daddy” the crowd became quite and no one laughed.Jamie is very loyal to my boyfriend and he has been there to take care of business and get my boyfriend out of hell holes for the past decade, and my boyfriend looks up to Jamie like an older brother and wouldn’t disrespect Jamie by saying anything to embarrass him, but he felt it too last night.The problem is our relationship is coming to a bottle neck, I love Aaron but the feeling is fading with every bit of passive agression I put up with, I thought of breaking up with him numerous times but I just haven’t been able to do it, emotionally.I’ve been finding myself drawn to Jamie but I don’t want to hurt Aaron by getting too close to Jamie, and last night Jamie was drunk and in a role play of mimicking the mannerism of a friend of mine, he caressed my cheek and hugged me (full body from behind) for a solid 5 seconds until I noticed everyone was looking (pretending they weren’t) and it became fairly wrong openly, I pulled away. I lust after his touches yet this is so wrong.I don’t know if I’m looking for advice, maybe just comments, I think I just want to know what people think about this situationtl;dr my relationship is coming to a breaking point and my boyfriend’s best friend and business partner is showing interest. But it’s going to be hard because they are also business partners

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.