I 24 m messed up kinda bad with 21f

Her and I have met and been talking for a few weeks and I really like her, problem is that my ex kinda screwed me up a little and now when I feel something isn't right I jump on the defensive so I don't get hurt and I just messed up bad trying to keep from being hurt.

It feels like this girl isn't talking to me as much as before and even though she's been active on social media she hasn't replied to my text which gives me a bad feeling.

Well me being the idiot I am I texted her again after hours if her not responding and simply asked if everything was good. She texted back and said she was busy with a family member that she hadn't seen in a long time which is the type of thing my ex would tell me even though it wasn't true. So I said "if you say so, have fun"

Then she asked why I said it like that and I realized my mistake. I told her that I'm just telling her to have fun and if she's spending time with family then I don't want to take away from that and to just text me later when she's free. She liked my text and told me that she will but I'm kinda freaking out here.

I'm alright with women and have gotten plenty of numbers and a respectable amount of dates but this girl is one that more than any other I want to get to know and hopefully make my gf. She cute AF and shares a lot if my interests and is the type of person that clearly has healthy self esteem.

What in the world can I do to make this right and not let my impulsive bullheaded nature steer me towards this same mistake again? I want to be better and grow into a better person everyday, I don't want to let this stupid mistake keep me from getting closer with this girl



Submitted November 11, 2020 at 12:09AM

Her and I have met and been talking for a few weeks and I really like her, problem is that my ex kinda screwed me up a little and now when I feel something isn't right I jump on the defensive so I don't get hurt and I just messed up bad trying to keep from being hurt.It feels like this girl isn't talking to me as much as before and even though she's been active on social media she hasn't replied to my text which gives me a bad feeling.Well me being the idiot I am I texted her again after hours if her not responding and simply asked if everything was good. She texted back and said she was busy with a family member that she hadn't seen in a long time which is the type of thing my ex would tell me even though it wasn't true. So I said "if you say so, have fun"Then she asked why I said it like that and I realized my mistake. I told her that I'm just telling her to have fun and if she's spending time with family then I don't want to take away from that and to just text me later when she's free. She liked my text and told me that she will but I'm kinda freaking out here.I'm alright with women and have gotten plenty of numbers and a respectable amount of dates but this girl is one that more than any other I want to get to know and hopefully make my gf. She cute AF and shares a lot if my interests and is the type of person that clearly has healthy self esteem.What in the world can I do to make this right and not let my impulsive bullheaded nature steer me towards this same mistake again? I want to be better and grow into a better person everyday, I don't want to let this stupid mistake keep me from getting closer with this girl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.